Junior Member Yearling Alcyone will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Fairley
    Occupation
    General Manager
    Horses
    Baby Bling, Kayes Memory, Nonchalant, Fi

Harness Media Centre

Has anyone been into the new Harness Media Centre?

www.harnessmediacentre.com.au

Feedback appreciated especially concerning new content such as the Race Meeting Previews which will be uploaded for every NSW meeting covered by the TAB.

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...TVVideos/15328

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Great start Adam. This type of investment in technology infrastructure is brilliant in my opinion.

In general I think it's well designed, easy to navigate and as the content builds will quickly become a 1 stop shop for all.

My constructive criticism on the race previews is the design piece needs to be improved with the speed maps. Putting up a screen shot of the iform speed map, is to put it bluntly, cheap & tacky plus the horses names aren't even below the horse. This needs to be better designed and the horse names included.

When viewing on an iPad the main menu bar at the top of the page doesn't resize correctly and puts the menu over 2 rows, you may want to let your designer know this as I would expect many will access this from a mobile device and having consistent formatting regardless of device is really important.

Greg is obviously an experienced broadcaster so having him deliver the previews is great. Hopefully that will extend to all interviews, as without being disrespectful to those previous but the interviewers on trots TV prior weren't experienced and the quality of the interviews was poor in my opinion.

All in all a terrific start and I look forward to watching it evolve. Well done to all involved.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good to know that Harness Racing Weekly is soon to go digital
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    I am flabbergasted at the lack of responses against this post.

Most of the regulars who post on this forum can't keep their hands off the keyboard when it comes to positive swabs or having a whinge about something, yet we finally get an administrator in Adam Fairley who has the courage to seek public feedback on one of the most proactive technology infrastructure investments the industry has seen and we don't hear boo from anyone.

I read this forum a lot and occasionally post something here or there but the more I read the more I think the regular contributors (most not all) simply want to fuel the fire with problems and controversy rather than do something useful like propose solutions or have a pragmatic discussion about how the industry can grow.

If you really care about harness racing then I suggest you take 20mins to navigate through the harness media centre and provide Adam with some constructive feedback on your experience.

Vent over.
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-27-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Its great to see someones having a go at trying to give the sport a more professional look and it positive format the hopefully will take the sport to a new level in professionalism and drive the sport forward. Out of all the states I think nsw has been the most proactive in trying everying to push the sport out of the dark ages. Having trots tv, national coverage of the inter final just brilliant . Been down here in vic , I envy everything your done, the fantastic facility you build menagle Compared to what we got at melton is like compareing australia to a third world country. So well done keep up the good work, be relentless in pushing the sport forward and never quit.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I am flabbergasted at the lack of responses against this post.

Most of the regulars who post on this forum can't keep their hands off the keyboard when it comes to positive swabs or having a whinge about something, yet we finally get an administrator in Adam Fairley who has the courage to seek public feedback on one of the most proactive technology infrastructure investments the industry has seen and we don't hear boo from anyone.

I read this forum a lot and occasionally post something here or there but the more I read the more I think the regular contributors (most not all) simply want to fuel the fire with problems and controversy rather than do something useful like propose solutions or have a pragmatic discussion about how the industry can grow.

If you really care about harness racing then I suggest you take 20mins to navigate through the harness media centre and provide Adam with some constructive feedback on your experience.

Vent over.
    Hi Mitch, I did look and reply about Trot weekly as I am more a reader. Being profoundly deaf I do not bother with video presentations etc as they are just torture. I will leave to you guys to assess them unless they caption them for me

Ps I have taken to attaching emoticons as our Harnesslink choice is crap - see what you can do for us Tony
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-27-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    I am stoked that we (I) can now watch Newcastle trials - It made me walk to the TAB in AYR (near Townsville) and have a little hard earned on my pony with confidence. I could see that he was now running straighter etc. With the rest of the site for us that are already in the game there are many useful links - putting all the racing info together was a no brainer, but I don't recall it being all there accessible off the 1 page.
    I have other thoughts, but they need proper writing down and analysing. 2 ideas: I would like the opportunity for user supplied content. I would love to have "GoPro" / action cam in race footage available.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    I am stoked that we (I) can now watch Newcastle trials - It made me walk to the TAB in AYR (near Townsville) and have a little hard earned on my pony with confidence. I could see that he was now running straighter etc. With the rest of the site for us that are already in the game there are many useful links - putting all the racing info together was a no brainer, but I don't recall it being all there accessible off the 1 page.
    I have other thoughts, but they need proper writing down and analysing. 2 ideas: I would like the opportunity for user supplied content. I would love to have "GoPro" / action cam in race footage available.
    I can't see why at the main metro tracks with the technology that out their these days why we can't have camera angles above the horses going around, either a fixed system or use dones. Whey we don't have close up vision? Trackside in nz for years has had the splite screen close up of horses. As far as camera technology and giving people a tv view experience we are so far behind other sports.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    I can't see why at the main metro tracks with the technology that out their these days why we can't have camera angles above the horses going around, either a fixed system or use dones. Whey we don't have close up vision? Trackside in nz for years has had the splite screen close up of horses. As far as camera technology and giving people a tv view experience we are so far behind other sports.
    Amen. See my Video Replay Quality or Not thread Jack. (yes I was once Bandito - long story I've already told, miss that Avatar) The new contractor Mediatec have not made one scrap of diff. I have given up asking at Horsham why we do not have a previous race replay screen anywhere (Pro had one in the lounge but Mediatec said it would involve the club forking out for wiring?) The previous meet they told me to try the barn but they could not get it going down there so I did not bother going down there today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Amen. See my Video Replay Quality or Not thread Jack. (yes I was once Bandito - long story I've already told, miss that Avatar) The new contractor Mediatec have not made one scrap of diff. I have given up asking at Horsham why we do not have a previous race replay screen anywhere (Pro had one in the lounge but Mediatec said it would involve the club forking out for wiring?) The previous meet they told me to try the barn but they could not get it going down there so I did not bother going down there today
    Ive posted on that thread many times kev, just though I put a quick one on here. Ever since they have changed from pro the vison is of very poor quality at times I think the camera man is having his first day the cameras are wobbling around that much
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 08-28-2014 at 12:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread