Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Brother Is Watching (Gallops story)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Big Brother Is Watching (Gallops story)

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...22-107a0h.html

Unfortunately this link is not the full article from today's Age

They are definitely trying and I like their attitude:

"We never make apologies for asking questions - largely that's what we're here for."

"We swab across the board but we make no apologies for target-testing if a stable is having a great run. Trust me, we're taking a closer look at their horses"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...#ixzz3BALLD4Q5
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Bolte, who resented poker machines but maintained a deep love of racing, warned officials that if horses were held back from doing their best or treated with narcotics, the promised rivers of gold that a TAB could provide would fadeinto a "good idea at the time".
    "If you want running rails, grandstands and prizemoney, then you [the Victoria Racing Club] must stop these cheats in their tracks and at the same time I will get the police to run illegal SP bookmakers out of town," he said.

So what happened to HRV. To them was it just "a good idea at the time"..????

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Both pictured gentlemen ex HRV employees also...

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    Seeing the HRV offices are right next to the RVL offices I wonder if there is any way HRV could use/share/lease these facilities with RVL? Considering that RVL mainly race during the day and these facilities are probably sitting idle in the evening when harness racing is conducted, it is a good opportunity for HRV to keep a close eye on those who don't always stay within the rules.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunge Punter View Post
    Seeing the HRV offices are right next to the RVL offices I wonder if there is any way HRV could use/share/lease these facilities with RVL? Considering that RVL mainly race during the day and these facilities are probably sitting idle in the evening when harness racing is conducted, it is a good opportunity for HRV to keep a close eye on those who don't always stay within the rules.
    Steve you should email that suggestion to HRV
    info@hrv.org.au
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread