Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breeders Crown Wrap Up

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Breeders Crown Wrap Up

4yoM: They made Frith prove she is just too good

I am leaving the trotters to Ash & co but must say I enjoyed Spider Girls win ( I might add that it was a mixed performance by CA over the program today IMO)

4yoC&G: The draw made the diff for Penny The Pussycat's kitten Marty

2yoF: An NZ trifecta with the place-getters runs possibly better than Katy's

3yoC&G: I felt for Harvey's Bling It On as he took care of his supposed biggest danger only to just get pipped by the other Major - the Crocker. It was not a shocker cheats lane victory as he had done some early work to earn the sit

3yoF: 2mths ago Just Cala was finishing 8Lens behind RocknRoll Arden in NZ races which RRA was not even winning so it has been an unbelievable improvement. I thought Amanda nearly blew it by going to the outside and giving the lane to Barynya

2yoC&G: It would have been a massive shock for Follow The Stars to be beaten and the NZ'ers took all the spoils again

Win of the Day - Palais Du Louvre of course
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Kev, Besides the win of the day by PDL a special congrats must go to Bill & Anne Anderson from Lauriston Bloodstock(Vic) as the Breeders of Follow the Stars.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I was shocked when Nathan Jack relinquished the lead so meekly on Shared Interest. In a two horse race, with that easy of a lead, surely you park the danger ? Connections must surely have gone home wondering "what if". Parlay that into his drive on Chilli Palmer, who I thought was fortunate to get in front of Pachacuti early only to let him go around him when there was definitely a cart into it with either Flutter or Tiger ahead of him was equally as poor. He left his balls and then his brain at home. I don't hesitate getting on with him on board but he had a very bad day at the office.

The runner up in the 2yo Fillies is a beauty. Dunn got out on Butt a few times. Not enough to protest but a difference maker. Almost B Gath like. Agreed re Major Crocker mate. That was a great win, sprint lane and all. As for Amanda's drive on Just Cala, it was a gem, in the end : ) Alford's drive on the third filly, well he'd want that one over again. Angling into the running line when surely he knew Luke was going to come was a mistake. That was his lead.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and kudos to Team Tritton for telling one and all they would be holding the top when nearly everyone one around them was caving in.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hi Kev, Besides the win of the day by PDL a special congrats must go to Bill & Anne Anderson from Lauriston Bloodstock(Vic) as the Breeders of Follow the Stars.
    Thanks Richard. He is a very special colt . Had a great day yesterday. It's horses like him who make it all worthwhile. Looking forward to the next foal from Steff, she's carrying a Sportswriter.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    IMO
    Highlights: Major Crocker- had absolutely no right to be travelling that well approaching the turn, let alone winning. Magnificent.
    My Arya- $1.70!!!! And I'm led to believe there was $2- earlier in the week. Astonishing!
    4yo Trot place getters- knew Spidergirl was a star and she delivered but I also tip my hat to Demmlers pair, they went huge.
    L McCarthy- I marvel at this guy and yesterday was no different. Drove 2 tactically perfect races in the 3yo events.
    M Purdon- left nothing to chance when driving his two 'morals' but really thought his drive on Twentyten was 20/10.
    Cyclone Kate- outside of M Crocker I thought she was run of the day. Unlucky early not to be able to settle closer in the run, then flew home from last after being continually pushed wide rounding the final bend. 2nd horse went great too.
    Coverage- thought the boys did a great job (early miscommunication involving barn interviews aside) as did Dan with his calls.

Lowlights: Chilli Palmer- promises so much but burns much much more. I am in no doubt he wins that race if he stays in his gear. One only has to look at how far F Flutter was beaten who took the run vacated by CP. I did question the drivers sudden vigour when pulling wide on a horse with breaking history but that's a question for someone that knows horses/driving a whole lot more than I.
    A Chisholm- hampered (quite generously I might add) quite a few early in the 300k 2yo filly race with tactics that looked to me to be way out of line....especially aboard at 250/1.
    C Alford- dropped the ball aboard Quick Draft. As Bob pointed out ^ the lead should have been hers and perhaps victory to go with it.
    Bit Of A Legend 'hype'- I realise he was 2nd up from a long spell but his trainer was WAY off the mark with his 50metre comment. Just a 'bit' of a legend IMO when not in front.
    Team Tritton + Fearless Leader- the team were very adamant early in the day about leading the 4yo race (congrats to them for the stance + the victory that came with it), but I wonder if Fearless Leader starts odds on if punters were clued up as well as they were in that 4yo race to the tactics that were to be adopted here? The result was however a good one for forumites.......congrats Paul!!
    Market Moves- I found it rather embarrassing to hear special mention of bets placed with the tab of $200 & $350 etc. Let's set a limit a fair bit above that please folks.
    Adam Hamilton's hair- WHAT THE?????

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Always thort MM was a chance & after Tritton's interview I just had to have a few bucks on it..happy days..!!

+ Reply to Thread