Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Owner leaving NSW citing Integrity

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    whatever he reckons whatever he does its his own business if he can sort things out good luck to him winners are grinners and losers can please themselves. thats what`s racings all about. they shouldn't have to kiss his ass too much i think they do it enough and rightfully so, but obviously not enough for him to keep his horses in nsw.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Emilio is entitled to do what he likes, his horses...his decision. Good luck to him.

However, if he thinks Victoria or QLD have better integrity he is simply delusional.

NSW harness racing is, in my opinion, without peer when it comes to integrity. 2 years ago different story but the work Sam Nati & Reid Sanders have done to improve integrity is significant. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking because NSW has more positive swabs that there are more cheats or integrity is compromised (in fact the opposite applies IMO).

There will always be a small minority of trainers who try to stay ahead of the rest with use of prohibited substances and some will get away with it longer than others but I guarantee you Reid will catch them before anyone else does.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    i dont blame him, nsw has become ridiculous if thats how he feels then so be it, he is not the only person . nsw has become too proactive and made too many changes they should leave harness racing as it is. if he is in his right mind he should send his horses to winning trainers and move along with them. people dont buy horses to put money in breeders pockets or give horses to losing trainers to feed them, there must be some sort of turnover on investment otherwise its just throwing money away for no enjoyment. stick with the winners i reckon. its not just the harness racing issues its also outside nuisances that make it un - enjoyable . people just need change if they dont feel comfortable. harness racing in other states has been kept more taditional i for one dont like these big tracks. money is hard to come by these days throwing it away for no enjoyment isnt fun and is theoretically better spent elsewhere, he has done a massive job to last this long. i wish him well with whatever direction he heads. at least he still is providing some product for the races to be run.
    Dougie,

Help me understand this comment. How can you be too proactive? The reason harness racing across the country is in the position that it's in is because not enough change was made.

Look at any progressive sporting organisation anywhere in the world, the one thing all of them have in common is they consistently change & evolve. They all live on the 'bleeding edge' when it comes to change and that's why they are successful.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Dougie,

Help me understand this comment. How can you be too proactive? The reason harness racing across the country is in the position that it's in is because not enough change was made.

Look at any progressive sporting organisation anywhere in the world, the one thing all of them have in common is they consistently change & evolve. They all live on the 'bleeding edge' when it comes to change and that's why they are successful.
    A pine tree can reach full growth and their will still be no change in harness racing, just people doing the same thing day on day out and expecting a different,result=madness.

Real Name
    dougie miller
    thats the issue nsw has taken too many steps to make themselves look good its made life too stressful on participants and driven people away. look at wa & vic their participants are doing a lot better, if it wasnt for the sale of harold park they would still be scratching their asses without a clue, they just had put up a front to make themselves look better, doesnt mean they are doing better than other states, its just a front HEY LOOK AT US LOOK WHAT WE ARE DOING WE ARE MAKING RADICAL CHANGES THE WHOLE INDUSTRY IS GOING TO BENEFIT - WELL NONE OF IT HAS DONE MUCH GOOD IF ANYTHING MAYBE ITS PUT MORE STRESS ON THE INDUSTRY -maybe they should of quietly put in some updated protocols to keep thing up to date. thing with the sydney metro area is its still going through change with new tracks and trainers adjusting to the conditions, i forecast things wont settle until all those changes have come into place the participants will have a direction, as now people dont know if they coming or going. these tracks that are bigger than 1000 meters has taken the tradition away from what its meant to be. there should be more uniform to track sizes in australia for example 800m - 1200 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Dougie,

Real Name
    dougie miller
    its come to a stage there a certain feeds you cant give your horses - if you cant have your horses at their best then whats the point of giving supplements? there should be a prohibited list of substances that all trainers comply and not this silly rule of `performance enhancing` for example a product call `natural equine epo` they sell it as a performance enhancer. these log books etc is all rubbish test in and out of competition for prohibited substances and its a lot more straight forward and less complicated when it comes to prosecution. as for all the nsw positives its just been ignorance to the rules and blatant negligence to themselves from the trainers. if you rob a bank or sell drugs you dont say yeah im the man and transform horses in a matter of days and do things that other trainers could partially do, at least keep a low profile. AS FOR THE OTHERS THEY POINT THE FINGER AT THE BAD GUYS BUT WHAT IF THE BAD GUYS POINT THE FINGERS BACK? if they want success they should chase it and not try put others out of business , they remind me of 10 year olds on football fields complaining about the other kids are cheating or are a year older than them. rules are rules the finish line is there do your best winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.
    Last edited by cityboy; 08-27-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Does he want to buy ours?
    There is NO cheats in Newcastle , just great trainers.

We will even throw in a couple of good broodmares & a jog gig to sweeten the deal.
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...t-Glen-Hayward

I hope Glen Hayward is not a Newcastle local Trish
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    Its a free country and Emilio can have his horses trained by whoever he wants, wherever he wants. On the question of integrity though, NSW have proactively made an effort to stamp out drug cheats, especially those using Cobalt Chloride. Harness Racing Victoria doesn't take the issue of Cobalt Chloride seriously as it is yet to outlaw it's use in the state; still no maximum threshold for Cobalt Chloride in the Victorian Local Rules, in fact the words "Cobalt Chloride" are not to be found anywhere in the Victorian Local Rules!
    Last edited by Plunge Punter; 08-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    I think this is awake up call for the sport - I am guessing more & more owners,who give a stuff about the welfare of their horses,will get sick n tired of watching their horses busting their guts week in week out against those who are seemingly not playing on a level playing field.Not to mention the financial cost,time,effort,disappointment & lost faith.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    For what its worth I think the fact that NSW has exposed a large number of positive swabs is proof that they are working hard. Sure it's an on going job but credit where it's due. I would rather race where they admit that there are people who are trying to race outside the laws and stewards are trying to catch them than somewhere that is not as proactive. I agree that winners are grinners but honest winners are what is needed not what ever it takes.

+ Reply to Thread