Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Owner leaving NSW citing Integrity

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Interesting article.......Word has been around for a while of the falling out with Sydney trainer.

Here's a prediction, he buys C. Lang's place and has private trainer.
    I spoke to Emilio at length over the weekend. He has had no falling out with any trainer in NSW. Rather he has a very strong belief that there a number of trainers in NSW who are drug cheats and he doesnt want his horses competing against them as he believes he will lose most times he races them.

He has some interesting ideas on how to combat these cheats!

I certainly admire the strength of his conviction, although I'm not convinced the situation is necessarily better in Vic or QLD

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Interesting article.......Word has been around for a while of the falling out with Sydney trainer.

Here's a prediction, he buys C. Lang's place and has private trainer.
    Thought that myself Bailey
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    I guess he only really knows why he is doing what he's doing. Maybe he will say so in the future. Good for Vic!
    I reckon he has made it pretty clear Ev
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Now now Trish! lol

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Well then I guess he must have much faith in VIC or QLD for some reason, even though NSW is more on the ball..

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I spoke to Emilio at length over the weekend. He has had no falling out with any trainer in NSW. Rather he has a very strong belief that there a number of trainers in NSW who are drug cheats and he doesnt want his horses competing against them as he believes he will lose most times he races them.

He has some interesting ideas on how to combat these cheats!

I certainly admire the strength of his conviction, although I'm not convinced the situation is necessarily better in Vic or QLD
    If he thinks vic racing is any better his delusion, its just as bad imo if not worse. How is it no ones getting caught down here in vic yet they are in nsw. To me its simple either vic stewards are hopeless at their job, the testing facilities are not good enough, or their doing the good old gallops style treatment of proteching the so called image of the sport and tiping the top trainers off and going after the hobby trainers no ones heard of, so they can be seen doing something then have a power puff peace in the paper letting everyone know how good their are at there job.

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    i dont blame him, nsw has become ridiculous if thats how he feels then so be it, he is not the only person . nsw has become too proactive and made too many changes they should leave harness racing as it is. if he is in his right mind he should send his horses to winning trainers and move along with them. people dont buy horses to put money in breeders pockets or give horses to losing trainers to feed them, there must be some sort of turnover on investment otherwise its just throwing money away for no enjoyment. stick with the winners i reckon. its not just the harness racing issues its also outside nuisances that make it un - enjoyable . people just need change if they dont feel comfortable. harness racing in other states has been kept more taditional i for one dont like these big tracks. money is hard to come by these days throwing it away for no enjoyment isnt fun and is theoretically better spent elsewhere, he has done a massive job to last this long. i wish him well with whatever direction he heads. at least he still is providing some product for the races to be run.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Dougie, he is changing states because he has concerns about Integrity in NSW - he is not unhappy with the administration and has said he would prefer to stay in NSW but it is a move based on his prinicples, he has not said anything else.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Dougie, he is changing states because he has concerns about Integrity in NSW - he is not unhappy with the administration and has said he would prefer to stay in NSW but it is a move based on his prinicples, he has not said anything else.

yes i understand `he is claiming integrity issues` we have integrity claims all over society ie- politics, police etc. at some stage or another sometimes we feel cheated or hard done by. im looking at it if i was in his shoes , i would be seeking change as well if i have tried most avenues to fix things, he being a major contributor to harness racing i doubt if his claims would have been ignored or in anyway disrespected, though i would possibly suggest there would not be enough substance to his claim or just the little things have become too annoying to keep things the same. i would suggest its his feelings or he has become fed up as things currently are and is seeking a change. if things arnt any better elsewhere then he can always come back. its his money his horses if he dont like it then he can please himself. they can only do so much for him. i can understand how he`s feeling though his horses his decisions if he is the one crying fowl then he should back it up or stop being a sore loser. there is a thing called bring harness racing into disrepute `integrity issues` somewhat falls under this category. the image of harness racing should be protected not slandered. if people dont like it they can find another interest and if participants dont like it then they should find something else to do, as long there is no abuse either way from administration.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    "He has some interesting ideas on how to combat these cheats".

Can you elaborate Harvey?

+ Reply to Thread