Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Illawong Dispersal Sale

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Illawong Dispersal Sale

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Sadly this shows everyone what is happening to harness racing!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Trish

Martin is no spring chicken anymore. I would guess he is well into his 70's. People are allowed to retire!

The problem we have is that there are not enough younger breeders replacings the Lombardos, hartnetts etc...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    [QUOTE=mightymo;35528]Trish

Martin is no spring chicken anymore. I would guess he is well into his 70's. People are allowed to retire!

The problem we have is that there are not enough younger breeders replacings the Lombardos, hartnetts etc...[/QUO

That's right Harvey but who would want to take over. Its a tough game & breeders are not doing it easy. Every day someone will tell us they are not breeding anymore.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Trish

The problem we have is that there are not enough younger breeders replacings the Lombardos, hartnetts etc...
    Harvey lets get real mate, You obviously have a good job or bussiness( good on you if thats the case, orthough its none of my bussiness what you do, I'm only saying it to make my point) but how to you expect anyone to start breeding a horse or keep breeding when that average race is worth in vic $6000. As you would well know their are very few baby blings and bling it ons in the world, their in most cases once in a life time horses. On average from what I can work out from the couple of people I know that bred the ood horse, it can in most cases cost anywhere between 20-40thousland dollars to get a horse to the race when you add it all up. If you dont have your own place your paying agistment for the mare, so you get it in foal pay all your vet bills, you then have to spend 11 months paying to feed the mare untill she foals, you then have to pay someone to foal here down, then your have to feed the mare and foal untill weaning age, then keep feeding the foal untill a yearling and the mare to bred again. The yearling then get broken in, you then have who knows how many prepartions to get to the races if you do at all and on top of that all these fees in you want to pay up for races. And you wonder why there are no young people wanting to breed or get involved in the sport. You look at all the young trainers and drivers coming though, all most all are born into it or have some connection. So the reailty is in the real world(not the bullshit facts hrv give out) their has been no grow in the sport. You only have to look at the facts, harness racing ouitside of the sport in the main stream media and world is irrelevant, know one know its exits. From what your posted on here in the past and when I'll heard you speak on tv, you strike me as a highly intelligent man. So you tell me in your honest opinion, hand on the bible how is possible that the current ceo of hrv is still their? In no other bussiness in the world would a ceo last 1 year let alone 10 years when they had done such a diabolical job, that has return no real profit the industry, has failed to grow the indusrty, has failed to manage the industrys money and grow the finances or the profile of the sport and given the sport a shocking facilitie like melton. The only real grow in the vic industry has been government funded money and we all know how that work out for the car industry.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Jack - i think you should direct your question to the Chairman and Board of HRV who are repsonsible for appointing the CEO.

I might be wrong, and Im not wanting to get in a political debate, but if there is a change in Govt in Vic at the Nov election, I think there may be some major changes within HRV from top to bottom

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Jack - i think you should direct your question to the Chairman and Board of HRV who are repsonsible for appointing the CEO.

I might be wrong, and Im not wanting to get in a political debate, but if there is a change in Govt in Vic at the Nov election, I think there may be some major changes within HRV from top to bottom
    I take it by that response without wanting to come out and say it you agree with some of what ive said. As far as I know the racing minster choose the ceo and keeps them their. Thats the biggest problem with sport right their its a who knows who mates club that once your in its hard to get them out.It angers me that their never held to account and are allowed to go on killing the sport with no concern for the thousands of lifes they are affecting with their decision that are forceing good people out of the sport every year and know ones sense to care.My biggest fear is it to late and the damage has been done. Once people leave most don 't come back.
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 08-27-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    Ok so other than debating over why there are no young breeders coming into harness racing, what does everyone think of the catalogue other than youngstock/racing stock there are not many mares there that I would jump in to buy, I think it will be an interesting sale might go for a look

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    Thats probably too harsh, there are some nice mares there but not too many stand outs
    Last edited by broco; 08-29-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by broco View Post
    Ok so other than debating over why there are no young breeders coming into harness racing, what does everyone think of the catalogue other than youngstock/racing stock there are not many mares there that I would jump in to buy, I think it will be an interesting sale might go for a look
    Several lots descendants of Carome Julie and thus Shu Fly - would have cost you a fortune 20+ yrs ago
    just as Phoebe Lyn's (half sis to Pure Steel) would have been highly sort after
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread