Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with MELTON

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yabbie, I believe it may be the duck season and we all know about Werribee ducks . I cant find it but this may be one of the reasons Melton is low in the pecking order of best harness tracks in Australia posted just recently. This is the great beauty of Gloucester Park, so very easy to get to and a superb location plus fairly good facilities. Have not been out to the wild west suburbs for a while now but Friday night getting to Melton would be quite painful if you have to work the full day in the city.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope Carol can get off work at 4pm today as the 12 race Vicbred semis program kicks off at 4.54
    (I will have to do a google travel time check for 4pm too!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rightio Kev reporting to you from the chopper in the sky
    Travel times between Southern Cross Station Melbourne and Tabcorp Park Melton tonight were expected to be as follows:

3.30pm 41min
    3.40pm 46min
    4.00pm 54min
    5.05pm 51min
    5.45pm 47min
    6.00pm 40min

Wow if you are knocking off now Carol, you will miss/have missed 4 races due to early start but you should FLY down the highway
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Rightio Kev reporting to you from the chopper in the sky
    Travel times between Southern Cross Station Melbourne and Tabcorp Park Melton tonight were expected to be as follows:

3.30pm 41min
    3.40pm 46min
    4.00pm 54min
    5.05pm 51min
    5.45pm 47min
    6.00pm 40min

Wow if you are knocking off now Carol, you will miss/have missed 4 races due to early start but you should FLY down the highway

Left town (Bourke St) 3.30pm. Home to Gisborne via the Tullamarine Car Park. Grab son Luke and back to Melton in time for the 2nd at 5.30pm.

Decent crowd there last night. Got mighty cold by time the last rolled around at 10.30pm (3°).

Great night out watching some nice horses bowl around and seeing some owners that are there most weeks come rain or shine get some success. 'Team' Whirily School maybe the standout as always good to see passionate people that put heaps in get a win.

And although un-said where I have looked, what a remarkable achievement by Anne and Bill Anderson (Lauriston). 6 competitors as owners / breeders all through to the finals next week.

School holidays in Vic next 2 weeks which could see the Tulla Car Park change from a standstill to a trickle so no excuse not to be there to witness same again. Might even make it for the 1st..

Junior Member Foal Ivomec will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Suhan
    I live in Ascot Vale and cannot do Melton in under 45mins on a Friday night - I leave around 5.45. Racing at Melton should only be of a Sat night IMO

Junior Member Foal Ivomec will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Suhan
    I love GP not just because of its proximity to the CBD but the racing on a smaller track is more exciting

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivomec View Post
    I live in Ascot Vale and cannot do Melton in under 45mins on a Friday night - I leave around 5.45. Racing at Melton should only be of a Sat night IMO
    The difference between Friday and Saturday night (for travel times) would be interesting to monitor - no doubt Saturday would be considerably less. I am not 100% sure of this but I think David Martin said either Friday or Saturday night would be the chosen night if you were summarizing your ideal race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivomec View Post
    I love GP not just because of its proximity to the CBD but the racing on a smaller track is more exciting
    The excitement is what we have to market Terry, living in Ascot Vale I wonder whether are you old enough to have experienced the Showgrounds - if I had never experienced the excitement of the Showgrounds, I doubt I would be a trots fan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Left town (Bourke St) 3.30pm. Home to Gisborne via the Tullamarine Car Park. Grab son Luke and back to Melton in time for the 2nd at 5.30pm.

Decent crowd there last night. Got mighty cold by time the last rolled around at 10.30pm (3°).

Great night out watching some nice horses bowl around and seeing some owners that are there most weeks come rain or shine get some success. 'Team' Whirily School maybe the standout as always good to see passionate people that put heaps in get a win.

And although un-said where I have looked, what a remarkable achievement by Anne and Bill Anderson (Lauriston). 6 competitors as owners / breeders all through to the finals next week.

School holidays in Vic next 2 weeks which could see the Tulla Car Park change from a standstill to a trickle so no excuse not to be there to witness same again. Might even make it for the 1st..
    Thanks Paul. Looking forward to Saturday night but will be nervous come Race time. The 6 horses that have made the finals deserve to be there. Most have had some issues over the journey; there is an orphan foal who had a Caesarian birth and was taken to Goulburn Valley Vet Hospital in the back of a Landcruiser at 2.30 in the morning, his best mate Ben born with conformation issues that vets said wouldn't race and prevented his sale as a yearling, a little fella that many said was too small, a 4 year old mare whose mother died of snake bite when the foal was 6 months old and another mare looked after her hence the name 'Without You ' ,
    A filly who was an impulse buy at the yearling sales , and of course the blue blood 'Poster Boy' .
    I love my horses and it's been my life ever since growing up in the Ascot Vale area where my father always trained a couple at Dales Stables and we went to the Showgounds every week. Great memories especially of Cocky Raider scraping the paint from the outside rail as he charged home: you could almost touch him as he flew past !
    Less traffic this week, Saurday night racing is the way to go at Melton although with all the road works on the Hume it will be a long trip from Euroa.
    Last edited by Bonnie; 07-06-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Great story there Bonnie, all the best and hope you take a few trophys' home.

+ Reply to Thread