Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lasix

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    I can see the point of using it but I prefer the zero drug tolerance
    What are your thoughts on aminoacropic acid then?
    And yeah they should be made to get to the races at least 2 hours before the race or longer
    There would be some trainers not happy with the 2hr on track before races as they could not use there 1.5 hr drench (being sarcastic).

buster
    well if it was 2 hours then there would time for the pre race blood testing to be completed before they race (as it is in the gallops)

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Buster

I agree i see know reason why a horse shouldn't be at the track 2hrs prior to the race and if they were to do more pre race testing it would have the shady trainers thinking twice about giving there horse a drench.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

Use of lasix

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=96423

Should we allow this in Aust??

Im not sure...

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post

Im not sure...

The answer is no you should not.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Most definitely, yes......BUT with the caviat that it is administered at a prescribed pre race arrival time in a designated & controlled area on-track by, in the case of NSW, the appointed HRNSW Vet.
    It is a welfare issue and for too long we have stuck our heads in the sand whenever it comes to therapeutics. If we expect our horses to race consistently, perform to the best of their abilities then we need to look at this and other aspects.
    Phenylbutazone is another. The fact that 5-6-7 days later trainers can go for a row for trace amounts of it when pharmacologically it has ceased to provide any pain relief somewhere between 12 & 24hrs post administration...is absolutely absurd.
    The Industry needs to take a pragmatic view here and I live in hope of same.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post

Im not sure...
    Have been following the other thread with your girl in the states at present and now of course she is racing on it.

As an owner Harvey, you must have an opinion yourself. It has been a lifeline for some horses whose racing futures in Australia were cut short.

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    No definitely not. If it was used just for the correct reason maybe so but from experience it can be used for other things as well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Have been following the other thread with your girl in the states at present and now of course she is racing on it.

As an owner Harvey, you must have an opinion yourself. It has been a lifeline for some horses whose racing futures in Australia were cut short.
    I think there are some obvious benefits for horses that will prolong their careers.

However, I dont know enough about it scientifically from the point of it possibly being used in conjunction with other illegal substances...

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffkel View Post
    No definitely not. If it was used just for the correct reason maybe so but from experience it can be used for other things as well.
    This is the reason I am against its use, I agree we as an industry need to find a way to treat EIPH however whilst I know this is considered the easiest I am not sure it is the best.

+ Reply to Thread