Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New track

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    What caused the last race to be abandoned?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    A horse was prone on the track 50 yards passed the post...they had no choice but to call a halt Toni

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Thanks Brad, I didn't see any races just saw the results.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I was there, I think in time it will come to be as accepted as the old Showgrounds. The last race was abandoned due to My Cheeky Heart collapsing and dieing around 1100 from home, hence 50 metres or so before the post. I suspect it had a heart attack.

I thought the crowd was fantastic, probably around 1500 and have heard some reports putting it at 2000 so very strong for an opening meeting.

The racing was great, 1:54.6 for the 1730 and 1:56.1 for the 2260 being the marks set on the day, so it augers well for when the track settles and consolidates.

Criticisms: the prices for food in the main dining area are ridiculous, they think they have the thoroughbred mob coming along; The home straight got a little bit like a roller coaster during the day, obviously some parts of the track are consolidating quicker than others; Why pay for security when they don't even check the credentials of people entering through the gates they are manning; Dani Im was poor value, arrived, sang maybe four or six songs and left, why wasn't she around to meet and greet more.

I think in a few months time, we'll all be on the bandwagon of why didn't we do it years before.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    The horse that collapsed was My Crazy Heart, Ashley Siejkas horse what a shame, the namr says it all

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    After reading the Stewards Report from Bathurst on Sunday you may be entitled to ask the question; was the track ready to race on? Was someone in a rush to get the track open? Seems some drivers were not happy with the state of the track after race three. It's easy enough to have horses damage legs without racing on soft shifting tracks. Stewards handed out six parking tickets and 10 horses had tired in their steward's comment. If the track was soft it's no wonder horses were dropping out in the races, maybe the stewards could have used a bit of discretion. It remains to be seen how keen outside trainers are to race at the track until it has had time to settle in.

Following the running of Race 3, a number of drivers addressed concerns with the Stewards regarding a soft patch on the track within the final 50 metres. Stewards noticed that the track had deteriorated throughout the day but was of the belief that the surface was safe to continue racing. The track staff was notified and additional work was undertaken.
    Due to ongoing track maintenance being carried out in the home straight, Stewards ordered that Race 7 be rescheduled to commence at 4.39pm to follow Seymour thoroughbreds.
    Even with a sprint lane two horses in the first race failed to get clear runs down the straight. Can't say that I'm a fan of sprint lanes but I think its only a matter of time until most tracks in N.S.W. have one.

Bad luck for connections of the horse that died in the last race but no one could blame the track for that, that's racing.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=nsw

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    After reading the Stewards Report from Bathurst on Sunday you may be entitled to ask the question; was the track ready to race on? Was someone in a rush to get the track open? Seems some drivers were not happy with the state of the track after race three. It's easy enough to have horses damage legs without racing on soft shifting tracks. Stewards handed out six parking tickets and 10 horses had tired in their steward's comment. If the track was soft it's no wonder horses were dropping out in the races, maybe the stewards could have used a bit of discretion. It remains to be seen how keen outside trainers are to race at the track until it has had time to settle in.

Even with a sprint lane two horses in the first race failed to get clear runs down the straight. Can't say that I'm a fan of sprint lanes but I think its only a matter of time until most tracks in N.S.W. have one.

Bad luck for connections of the horse that died in the last race but no one could blame the track for that, that's racing.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=nsw
    Bathurst abandoned tonight. Not sure of reason, maybe track related?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Bathurst abandoned tonight. Not sure of reason, maybe track related?
    Spot on Breno
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The track surface was exactly the reason soft patches on it. I have seen 3 other track surfaces done up this year and they all have been a balls up. Who is in the wrong we will never know.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Did the stewards get it wrong on Sunday when in spite of the soft patches, they deemed it fit for racing,.........3 days later it is not.........did anybody do anything about it since Sunday.........it seems like a repeat of the Bathurst 1000 car race, where they stopped the race for an hour, did a bit of repair work, and away you go!

Does anybody remember racing on the Richmond grass track.....there runners were "going up and down hill and dale".......but they still raced!

+ Reply to Thread