Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW "Prizemoney!"

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Although Bling just won albeit he's a top horse ,this handicapping system is so wrong. Having to face M2,3,4 & 5's for your 1st start back from a break for an M0 stinks........I have spoken to many & not one is in favour of it..........
    1609 METRES FIRST4, TRIFECTA, QUINELLA, EXACTA MOBILE START Form Horse Trainer Other Eng. Driver Class Hcp 16r239ALCHEMY NZ K A TurnerRobert Morris C14 M2 FR1285925MISTER PRESLEY NZ P V WalshMat Rue C10 M4 FR23887s1MEGA ALEXANDER D J McCallDarren McCall C21 M5 FR344s651ROCKETS REJECT I C WilsonJim Douglass C17 M3 FR45165b3RUPEENO CULLEN NZ K A TurnerKerryAnn Turner C9 M1 FR5668193THEARTOFCONFUSION B F CotterillMichael Muscat C7 M0 FR672s125GLENFERRIE HOOD NZ B J McCarthyJohn McCarthy C7 M0 FR7814431GOD SEND NZ K J PizzutoKevin Pizzuto C9 M3 FR891145sCOURAGE TO RULE NZ B J McCarthyTodd McCarthy (C)C12 M1 FR9102122sBLING IT ON B J McCarthyLuke McCarthy C15 M0 FR10
    C15. Third highest assessed horse at the meeting. Most prizemoney of any horse at the meeting. Fastest winning mile rate of any horse at the meeting. What handicapping system would he not have started in a race of similar strength? A system where we don't count 3yo wins so he gets to start against the C0s, where El Chango started $1.20 as it was.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi Brendan , I didn't even realize he is a C15, my mistake but regardless of who he is , how much he has won its a massive jump to metro class for a 4yo.
    And the trainer has NO choice to what race he is in. That's my main point. And that stinks.

aussiebreno
    Hi Brendan , I didn't even realize he is a C15, my mistake but regardless of who he is , how much he has won its a massive jump to metro class for a 4yo.
    And the trainer has NO choice to what race he is in. That's my main point. And that stinks.
    It was a C race not Metro. He won. He is obviously capable. It would be way more unfair on a C0-C2 to race against a C15.
    I'm not sure what the conditions were for the Menangle meeting leading in, but under the old system the race would have been programmed as a C6 (or C whatever) front and more (indeed races have actually been programmed to the effect of C7-C12, which would have ruled Bling out.) The races would have looked near on identical to what it was anyway.
    This is no different to Majestic Mach going in a C4+ race first up last year or Frith starting first up in a C6+ last year. Even if Luke McCarthy had 100% control on what race Bling goes into first up it would be either an M0, C6+ (C7+, whatever pedantics, key result is open race) or perhaps first up into a 4yo Championship heat. Luke chose the Country front option and met a field very similar to what he would have done under any handicapping system in the world.
    Pick your battles Trish.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    "Pick my battles" ? I'll keep that one in mind . I'm not battling anyone Brendan. I don't like the system & neither does Any trainer I talk too.

aussiebreno
    "Pick my battles" ? I'll keep that one in mind . I'm not battling anyone Brendan. I don't like the system & neither does Any trainer I talk too.
    Battle with the handicapping system.

I get it you don't like it. I don't like it either.

Just with this example about Bling It On though. What else in any other handicapping system could be done to avoid him taking on the open class horses? The only answer I see is to restrict 2&3yo wins counting as an aged horse, which has far greater implications on the poor maidens or lower assessed horses that would need to race against him.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;37771]Battle with the handicapping system.

I get it you don't like it. I don't like it either.

Just with this example about Bling It On though. What else in any other handicapping system could be done to avoid him taking on the open class horses? The only answer I see is to restrict 2&3yo wins counting as an aged horse, which has far greater implications on the poor maidens or lower assessed horses that would need to race against him.[/QUOT

I have already said I made a mistake by saying I didn't realize he was a C15. So maybe he could have gone straight to his M0 but I guess he maybe waiting for the $50 thou M0 on MM night.
    I agree with his assessment but I know when we bought our 3yo back as a 4yo he was able to be placed in a C7 & better , but no better than M1. And his trainer could place him there. Not counting 3yo wins in their assessment would be a mistake because their could be too many good ones, maybe.
    Going to watch the CUP.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I don't want to get in the middle of the above domestic :-) but in years gone by a horse's first six 2 year old wins were free when that horse turned 3 years and the horses first two wins as a 3 year old were free when the horse turned 4 years old. The good old days.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    I don't want to get in the middle of the above domestic :-) but in years gone by a horse's first six 2 year old wins were free when that horse turned 3 years and the horses first two wins as a 3 year old were free when the horse turned 4 years old. The good old days.
    Not 100% sure how many 2yo wins it is, but the first two 3yo wins are still freebies for when they turn 4. When you have 17 3yo wins it makes it a bit tougher to drop down in grade lol!

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Not 100% sure how many 2yo wins it is, but the first two 3yo wins are still freebies for when they turn 4. When you have 17 3yo wins it makes it a bit tougher to drop down in grade lol!
    Sorry can't agree with you about 3 year old races being free. They are not now a day. 3 year olds started off as a 2:30 class horse when they turned 4 years old they were 2:28 class. Now a day C0 class races never say excluding 3 year old C races.

+ Reply to Thread