Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: NSW "Prizemoney!"

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Sorry can't agree with you about 3 year old races being free. They are not now a day. 3 year olds started off as a 2:30 class horse when they turned 4 years old they were 2:28 class. Now a day C0 class races never say excluding 3 year old C races.
    Win your first 3yo, you are a 3C1. Win your 2nd 3yo you are 3C2. Win your third 3yo you are now 3C3 and C1. First two 3yo wins don't affect age class.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Win your first 3yo, you are a 3C1. Win your 2nd 3yo you are 3C2. Win your third 3yo you are now 3C3 and C1. First two 3yo wins don't affect age class.
    Sorry your missing the difference between what it was to be a 3 year old when they were a 2:30 class, win your 1st 3 year old you were a 2:29 class, win your 2nd 3 year old you were a 2:28 class. Turn 4 years old you were classed as a beginner or a novice which was a 2:28 class horse which is the same as a C0 class horse today. But now a day if you won 1 or 2 C class races as a 3 year old you are not eligible for a C0 only class race. Under the old system that I'm talking about you were. Theoretically you could win 6 races as a 2 year old and 2 races as a 3 year old and when you turned 4 years old you were then in what is today a C0 only.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is tonight's Newcastle Mile program supposed to be NSW's Metro meeting for this weekend? One $75k race but all the rest only $6k races.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Is tonight's Newcastle Mile program supposed to be NSW's Metro meeting for this weekend? One $75k race but all the rest only $6k races.
    No, normal country meeting at Newcastle. Pretty ordinary isn't it.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    No, normal country meeting at Newcastle. Pretty ordinary isn't it.

Said it in the other thread on the NM. Last year they ran heats of the Baby Bling ($22k) and Smoken Up ($22k) plus the Mile. All the rest were $6k that night.

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Said it in the other thread on the NM. Last year they ran heats of the Baby Bling ($22k) and Smoken Up ($22k) plus the Mile. All the rest were $6k that night.
    Yep.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    I remember that now Rob but clearly I did not digest it - I'll blame it on my Victorian allegiance
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I remember that now Rob but clearly I did not digest it - I'll blame it on my Victorian allegiance

Doesn't seem that long ago Kev, time flies. It was the night that Panella got 4 weeks.

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25060
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25090

The rest of NSW need to watch out or SA might go past them re: prize money (excluding Menangle).

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good money at Menangle tomorrow night.
    Metro races are now $5k more than Melton ie 30% !!
    (not sure about the last however - it cannot be a real M0)
    and Career Class are $2k more ie 20%
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread