Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW "Prizemoney!"

Junior Member Weanling Wilso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    So rather then 3k restricted front races, they are now 4k country penalty races.
    Meaning that in the past battlers could spend a small amount as a hobby interest and buy a horse that potentially could win a R0 worth 2k to the winner, then the next start win a C0 worth $3500 to the winner and actually earn money and encourage them to buy another horse.
    Now they just lose a country penalty for less money?
    HRNSW are simply trying to eradicate the battlers or hobbyists out of the sport.
    Word it which ever way you like this is what they are doing.
    IMO the new race programming is a joke aswell! How long before Menangle races 3/4 times a week????
    Rant over

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV-Keep up the good work Adam...the peanut gallery be damned.
    Too right Jaimie DAMN DAMN DAMN them . And while we're at it , DAMN DAMN DAMN those recalcitrant swine's as well !!!

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    Toni,

With the change of the season there is a dramatic decline in the horse population.

Many horses that were 2YO's and 3YO's last week spell this week.

Bankstown was the last chance in the provincial area to win a race before the end of the season.

Hence the larger than normal nominations last week and the lower than normal nominations this week.

Adam,

Let me state first up, I think Menangle is a wonderful show piece for harness racing in N.S.W. the stable area is first class in my opinion something to be proud of (I have not seen the new grandstand but have no doubt that it would be very good).

Adam I can remember a time when they raced without proper safety helmets and carried lead.......... so its safe to say that I have seen a few changes in harness racing in my time, not all good, not all bad. Not looking at anything through rose coloured glasses or with sour grapes.

I understand about young horses going for a spell at the end of the season.

I hope this table I did comes through. I should have added prizemoney but am on holidays and the effort left me......... This is the last four meetings for the 2013/2014 season for Bathurst, Penrith, Newcastle and Menangle (mid week, country front races). I only did the last month someone else can provide more figures if they want to show me up.

The numbers speak for themself I think, in my opinion. There are less horses racing at Menangle mid week than on other tracks. Other clubs ran more than eight races I would think because they had the nominations. I am NOT knocking Menangle. But the question remains.

Why are there less horses nominating/racing at Menangle mid week?
    Is it distance/cost to travel for many people?
    Is it track size?
    Is it the speed (sure your horse will go faster on a better track, so do the others)?
    Is it that most people with horses work and can not take time off work (how many hobby trainers/drivers race at Menangle mid week)?

I don't know.

Maybe TAB turnover will blow me out of the water but I don't bet and I don't know where you get those figures from. I'm just asking the question about horse numbers. I fully understand that I might be on my own here but thats OK it has given me something to do as it's too cold outside. The best setup with the least number of runners.

Table is when field came out, i.e. before any scratchings.

Sorry table won't come over from word............it was good
    It shows the last 4 meeting for the season ending 2013/2014 at Bathurst, Penrith, Newcastle and Menangle.

Bathurst
    Had a total of 35 races, 18 races had full fields, a total of 323 horses at the meeting

Penrith
    Total of 35 races, 13 races had full fields, a total of 316 horses at the meeting.

Newcastle
    Total of 36 races, 34 races had full fields, a total of 357 horses at the meeting.

Menangle
    Total of 32 races, 5 races had full fields, a total of 269 horses at the meeting.
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 09-03-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Table won't play ball

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
    So rather then 3k restricted front races, they are now 4k country penalty races.
    Meaning that in the past battlers could spend a small amount as a hobby interest and buy a horse that potentially could win a R0 worth 2k to the winner, then the next start win a C0 worth $3500 to the winner and actually earn money and encourage them to buy another horse.
    Now they just lose a country penalty for less money?
    HRNSW are simply trying to eradicate the battlers or hobbyists out of the sport.
    Word it which ever way you like this is what they are doing.
    IMO the new race programming is a joke aswell! How long before Menangle races 3/4 times a week????
    Rant over
    Steve I think you have said what a lot of people have been thinking and I for one agree totally. Restricted race's served a purpose and allowed trainers to place there horses to maximise a return for the owner's. The new programming is a joke and the owner/trainer should be able to pick which race his/hers horse race's in. With the way Qld are programming and prize money on the rise it give's you options as to where to place and race your horse.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post

Bathurst
    Had a total of 35 races, 18 races had full fields, a total of 323 horses at the meeting

Penrith
    Total of 35 races, 13 races had full fields, a total of 316 horses at the meeting.

Newcastle
    Total of 36 races, 34 races had full fields, a total of 357 horses at the meeting.

Menangle
    Total of 32 races, 5 races had full fields, a total of 269 horses at the meeting.
    I think we might need the difference in the averages to be more glaring to see any change Toni

9.2, 9.0, 10, 8.4
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think we might need the difference in the averages to be more glaring to see any change Toni

9.2, 9.0, 10, 8.4
    Yep had it all in table, table would not talk now I'm not talking to the table so all good. Talk about lost in translation.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Yep had it all in table, table would not talk now I'm not talking to the table so all good. Talk about lost in translation.
    Lost in Translation is a favourite movie of mine but not many people like it
    ps Found a simple table for you too
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by messenger View Post
    lost in translation is a favourite movie of mine but not many people like it
    ps found a simple table for you too

funny

Junior Member Weanling Wilso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    I personally think NSW harness racing is going downhill at a dramatic rate.
    You only have too look at the way the country graded tracks have had the meetings moved around and re programmed, its not good.
    Mr Fairly can get on here and try and justify it all until the cows come home but he isn't fooling anyone.
    Why they are building a new track at Bathurst I dont know? They race once a week and the new track at Tamworth? There lucky to race once a fortnight! Should of used the money to improve there facilities and pump it into prize money for the country racing!
    Its ok to continue to boost Menangle prizemoney, but not everyone has metro horses, why not give the battlers a crack at some good money?
    Newcastle 8k friday nights? And maybe make it you can lose 2x C0 fronts if you win a 4k C0 first?
    I dunno something....

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Lost in Translation is a favourite movie of mine but not many people like it
    ps Found a simple table for you too
    Very good, but my table had fancy legs.

+ Reply to Thread