Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Harness Racing Introduce Drivers Colours?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Should Harness Racing Introduce Drivers Colours?

This was a "hot topic" on In The Gig tonite and it sure gets some people hot.
    I loved Dan Mieleckis explanation of the opposing view and Tappy also in support of the Owners who put on the sport as well.
    Gareth Hall seemed to come up with only the type of opinion "for" that Dan described, fairly hollow argument with not much thought, i also agree with Dan and John
    I feel as drivers jump on certain horses and jump off, as Dan described its so much harder to recognise horses if the colours change all the time.
    Personally i think its great where the Trainers colours are consistently used such as looking for the yellow Aiken colours, or the Chris Lang colours or Van Ryn, Grant Dixon etc.
    Whats everybody's thoughts?

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I think if the owner pays to buy or breed the horse, pays to get the horse educated and pays to have the horse trained the owner is entitled to have the horse race in their colours. If a punter is either too dumb or too lazy to read a program or study the form they deserve to do their money. Punters are important but without the owners there is no racing

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry No way known.

The powers that be will have to prize our colours out of my dead clenched fist.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    I think if the owner pays to buy or breed the horse, pays to get the horse educated and pays to have the horse trained the owner is entitled to have the horse race in their colours. If a punter is either too dumb or too lazy to read a program or study the form they deserve to do their money. Punters are important but without the owners there is no racing
    100% spot on!

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    There are far bigger issues to deal with than this. I can't believe it gets any air time.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    There are far bigger issues to deal with than this. I can't believe it gets any air time.
    Spot on. A once weekly half hour (less ads) show and this is what they talk about? I just didn't want to be the first to post it!

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    This was spoken about 3 to 4 years ago and Johny Tapp thought it was good idea. Having not watched the program this time it sounds like he has switched camps. This is another way of trying to drive the hobby trainer / Driver out of the sport and creating the Menangle Super Proffessional Area. Most of the changes they make is all moving in that direction, squeezing them out. I for one will leave the sport if they continue reduce the country money and race at Menangle for big $$$ (with 8 or less horses in each race "great for turnover" ), I like to be involved with my horses and I can see how they are trained and cared for not just watching them on Tv and getting a monthly bill. Instead of treading on the little guy give us an equal oportunity to succeed in this wonderful industry...............promote the good stuff and then turnover will increase. rant over!! btw love seeing my colours going around.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They can just have the horses numbers coloured or the drivers helmets . Like HRA not even having the Trainers on their results database - it is about time the powers that be realized that Owners and Trainers are more important than Drivers.
    The only problem I find with colours is the abundance of yellow.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    If this suggestion of Drivers colours is such a wonderful idea to increase turnover, imagine the turnover if the Thoroughbreds went to Jockey colours.
    I would like to hear the conversation to Queen Elizabeth to tell her, her horse will carry a junior claim jockeys colours this week.
    People love their colours leave it alone.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by DRUIDRACING View Post
    This was spoken about 3 to 4 years ago and Johny Tapp thought it was good idea. Having not watched the program this time it sounds like he has switched camps. This is another way of trying to drive the hobby trainer / Driver out of the sport and creating the Menangle Super Proffessional Area. Most of the changes they make is all moving in that direction, squeezing them out. I for one will leave the sport if they continue reduce the country money and race at Menangle for big $$$ (with 8 or less horses in each race "great for turnover" ), I like to be involved with my horses and I can see how they are trained and cared for not just watching them on Tv and getting a monthly bill. Instead of treading on the little guy give us an equal oportunity to succeed in this wonderful industry...............promote the good stuff and then turnover will increase. rant over!! btw love seeing my colours going around.
    Hi Steven

There is something that I think is worth pointing out. That is, the difference between Harness Racing New South Wales(HRNSW) and the New South Wales harness racing club(NSWHRC)

Harold Park was owned by NSWHRC. They chose to sell it and relocate to Menangle. They still control the proceeds from the sale and hence Menangle has the biggest prizemoney.

This is not a case of HRNSW picking on country tracks and giving money to Menangle at others expense.

Hopefully I explained that correctly!

Regards

Harvey

+ Reply to Thread