Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Harness Racing Introduce Drivers Colours?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by DRUIDRACING View Post
    This was spoken about 3 to 4 years ago and Johny Tapp thought it was good idea. Having not watched the program this time it sounds like he has switched camps. This is another way of trying to drive the hobby trainer / Driver out of the sport and creating the Menangle Super Proffessional Area. Most of the changes they make is all moving in that direction, squeezing them out. I for one will leave the sport if they continue reduce the country money and race at Menangle for big $$$ (with 8 or less horses in each race "great for turnover" ), I like to be involved with my horses and I can see how they are trained and cared for not just watching them on Tv and getting a monthly bill. Instead of treading on the little guy give us an equal oportunity to succeed in this wonderful industry...............promote the good stuff and then turnover will increase. rant over!! btw love seeing my colours going around.
    VVV- John has always strongly opposed the removal of Owners colours. He HATES the idea.
    Adam 'Minty Man Nš1' Hamilton was the one doing the bidding of the TAB. Hayes was in favour of it too.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    The top 10 drivers in Victoria last season are also all registered trainers and therefore have their own colours. Only one (D Douglas), appears not to have any registered colours on HarnessWeb. All the others do.

End of argument?

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Thanks Harvey.......... I do understand that. They both compliment each other in a industry which is just holding on and by helping each other the industry will rise again. Then why are they not attracting full fields even with the better prizemoney ? Can you answer me that. There must be other things other than colours that will improve the fields. Maybe the past few years of negativity has driven people from the industry? I love my racing and breeding and have not raced a horse for 3+ years for various reasons. Menangle been there once only with 2 horses both in the same race one came first one came last totally enjoyed the day, winning helped.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Thanks Jamie memory failure, thought this issue had gone away. The numbers are the same colours as the greyhounds.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    The top 10 drivers in Victoria last season are also all registered trainers and therefore have their own colours. Only one (D Douglas), appears not to have any registered colours on HarnessWeb. All the others do.

End of argument?

VVV- End of argument? How so? Nobody is talking about Trainers colours or Drivers colours. These Bozos are talking about forcing Owners to use Drivers colours. As I said, dragged from my dead clenched fist. As if the Owners are not already viewed as necessary evils by all and sundry in Administration and the TAB. As if they have not had enough insult added to injury....now once again some TAB drop kick is wanting to take their Colours away? Adam Hamilton should hang his head in shame for the ongoing support he has given this idea.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

End of argument?
    Your ? mark tells me that you know what I am going to say Kyle. For starters <10% of Chris Alford's drives are for himself
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Sure let them wear their colours in a race, but only when they pay the bills.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    What could happen is the poor old trainer won't be able to pick their own horse out in a race because their horse has had four different drivers and colours in it's last four starts.

Imagine trying this with Bart Cummings.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    My point is...the original question on Twitter asked if drivers colours should be introduced.

As nine out of the top ten drivers have colours registered, they already own "drivers colours". As would each person who already holds a trainer/driver licence.

I dont feel people should be encouraged to buy horses at the sales "but sorry you cannot have your own silks".

Surely much more serious issues regarding the future of our sport than this one that gets bought up on ITG each year.

aussiebreno
    My point is...the original question on Twitter asked if drivers colours should be introduced.

As nine out of the top ten drivers have colours registered, they already own "drivers colours". As would each person who already holds a trainer/driver licence.

I dont feel people should be encouraged to buy horses at the sales "but sorry you cannot have your own silks".

Surely much more serious issues regarding the future of our sport than this one that gets bought up on ITG each year.
    Kyle, When Alford and co are driving for Emma Stewart, David Aiken, Dean Braun etc they aren't wearing drivers colours. It is a completely different dynamic.

+ Reply to Thread