Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Should Harness Racing Introduce Drivers Colours?

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    If people love the industry as much as what the say, shouldn't they be putting the industry's interests before personal interests?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Although you have not answered my Question at all BECAUSE we are no different from any other industry, I think that the answer to your last question is that "they often do (in the end)". Whether that be the case over this minor matter who knows

ps It could be argued that 'punters' such as yourself should be putting the industry first by going out of their way to keep owners (who provide the show) happy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Oh. I thought he may have ran over your dog or picked up your girlfriend or something.

VVV-There's a line there that involves swapping the aformentioned but I'll refrain from running with it lest I offend the sensibilities of some of the more God fearing Forum contributors. :-P

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    Q. 10 obviously went straight over your head Kevin. I am sitting on the fence with the driver's colours I don't care either way. Im both an owner and punter. Without punters owners would only be only racing for ribbons, without owners punters would not be betting on racing, I have a grasp how the system works!

I just put up some questions I thought could be easily answered. I wasn't knocking knocking the sport.

I just made the observation if people love harness racing so much, why do they put their personal interests ahead of the industries best interests? No need to be so sensitive!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Kev and Steve,
    please go and have a "virtual" beer together,

after said beer, you will stop argueing about all the things you both agree with, I'm getting sore eyes from reading stuff that doesn't make any difference!!!

Cheers,
    Dan

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunge Punter View Post
    Q. 10 obviously went straight over your head Kevin. I am sitting on the fence with the driver's colours I don't care either way. Im both an owner and punter. Without punters owners would only be only racing for ribbons, without owners punters would not be betting on racing, I have a grasp how the system works!

I just put up some questions I thought could be easily answered. I wasn't knocking knocking the sport.

I just made the observation if people love harness racing so much, why do they put their personal interests ahead of the industries best interests? No need to be so sensitive!
    I promise you that I am not being sensitive Steve (not sure what gave that impression)
    It was just that your last question jumped out at me for the fact that I cannot think of a profession/interest group/industry that does not think of itself first - it would just seem to be human nature BUT thankfully sometimes on reflection they show a better side of themselves.
    I hope you had your virtual beer too Steve because I do not have any problems with you mate

PS Did Dan say he would pay for those beers ?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread