Roll With Joe

Thread: Stewards News

Threaded View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Nice Rod, I hope someone had a few Bob on it for you, I remember getting a tip off one of the guys here about his horse and completely forgot about it and the horse won at massive odds, I felt like slitting my wrists lol
    Hi Rich, yes, I can still remember the name of the horse hadn't won a race for four years sat in the death seat over 2500 metres at Pinjarra in a top-class field. Fifty to one in the country back then was the equivalent to 100/1 in the city. Think I was 22 at the time and into my third year of training. I had $20 each way. My driver later to be a big name in the sport got a punter in on the same horse two weeks later. Started at 10/1 horse in front of him broke and knocked my bloke completely out of the race got going again and ran second no big collect though.
    Owners thought they had a champion decided to train the horse themselves sat three wide almost entire race at its first start and ran second. Stewards thought it was too good to be true swabbed the horse and they got five years for caffeine. What shocked me though was they still had me down as the trainer of the horse no steward enquiry so obviously a miss print in the book. But that was the end of the trainer and horse.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-16-2018 at 03:29 PM.