Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is being reported that Trista Dixon has received 12 months

https://www.punters.com.au/news/tris...months_164962/

see post 216
    Confirmed Kev,

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-for-12-months

Justice is swift in QLD.

I watched the race and did not notice anything untoward, not until the last 120 metres anyway. It reminded me of so many car drivers; quick look over the right shoulder then run off the shoulder through loss of concentration.

That may be her defence, anyway. Now I am wondering whether her hubby was questioned by the stewards. Presumably, he would use the Sgt Schultz defence.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think I can guess the answer myself but don't the stewards have to ask Aaron Dunn why he did not drop down for the sit (and eventual sprint lane) instead of the Death on Regardless in R8 at Terang tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#TEC02011803
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Confirmed Kev,

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-for-12-months

Justice is swift in QLD.

I watched the race and did not notice anything untoward, not until the last 120 metres anyway. It reminded me of so many car drivers; quick look over the right shoulder then run off the shoulder through loss of concentration.

That may be her defence, anyway. Now I am wondering whether her hubby was questioned by the stewards. Presumably, he would use the Sgt Schultz defence.
    G Dixon horses scratched, removed, from Albion Park races yesterday. Licences suspended. Not related to this race.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The stewards clearly did not like the look of R6 at Geelong tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#GEC03011802

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it

I wonder whether they noticed some similarities with the previous race with the same 2 stables involved - Males horse handed up to Nicholson horse for a Nicholson win, next race Males horse hands up to Nicholson horse (even though it was fav handing up to 2nd fav) but Nicholson horse runs up the track to let Males horse out early
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-04-2018 at 01:36 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    G Dixon horses scratched, removed, from Albion Park races yesterday. Licences suspended. Not related to this race.
    To quote Arte Johnson "Very interesting!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The stewards clearly did not like the look of R6 at Geelong tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#GEC03011802

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it

I wonder whether they noticed some similarities with the previous race with the same 2 stables involved - Males horse handed up to Nicholson horse for a Nicholson win, next race Males horse hands up to Nicholson horse (even though it was fav handing up to 2nd fav) but Nicholson horse runs up the track to let Males horse out early
    RACE 5 - DEVCON PROPERTIES PACE (1ST HEAT) (2100 MS)

Implode hung out in the score up and was out of position at the start and a warning was issued.

Rounding the home turn on the final occasion Emelia On Fire hung in and then broke under pressure shortly after, resulting in Ozzie Bogan having to be checked and then broke as a result. Emelia On Fire was placed on its last chance to race truly.

Son Of Regal tired to be beaten 55m and a warning was issued.

Stewards questioned Tanya Cavallaro, driver of Manly Mach, in relation to the reasons for her initially resisting the challenge for the lead from Albarock before then handing up to Smart Little Shard entering the back straight on the first occasion. Ms Cavallaro stated that she believed Manly Mach was stepping up in class tonight and that whilst she was not prepared to hand up to Albarock she was mindful that Albarock was first up since August 2017. Ms Cavallaro further stated that rather than then get in a battle for the lead she handed up to Smart Little Shard as she felt that runner would apply pressure to her if it raced to her outside, and added that she also took into account that Manly Mach had worked early in the event. All wagering transactions on this event will be analysed.

RACE 6 - GEELONG'S CLASSIC ROCK 4TH MARCH PACE (2100 MS)

Prior to this event connections of Rockabella Starz lodged a change of tactics notification in that the mare was to be driven further forward at the start. Rockabella Starz was driven accordingly.

After passing the 200m Rockabella Starz after obtaining a full run to the inside of Dont Pass Im Fast NZ contacted a marker peg.

Dont Pass Im Fast NZ pulled hard in the early and middle stages of the event and shifted out rounding the home turn.

Miss Atomic Betty NZ pulled hard in the early and middle stages of the event and was held up early when unable to obtain clear running.

An inquiry was opened into the tactics adopted during the early stages by Zac Phillips, driver of Rockabella Starz, and Rhys Nicholson, driver of Dont Pass Im Fast NZ, and also into the reasons for Rockabella Starz obtaining a clear run to the inside of Dont Pass Im Fast NZ after passing the 300m on the final occasion prior to the sprint lane becoming available. After taking evidence from Mr Phillips and Mr Nicholson and also obtaining evidence from Mr Paul Males, who was representing Kari Males, trainer of Rockabella Starz, the inquiry was adjourned to a date to be fixed so as to allow stewards to peruse betting transactions and all relevant matters pertaining to the race.

A Veterinary examination of Don’t Pass Im Fast NZ subsequent to the event indicated that the mare was slow to recover, otherwise no abnormalities.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    QRIC Suspends And Fines Harness Driver
    4 January 2018

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards have suspended the harness driving licence of Brisbane harness driver Grant Dixon and imposed a $4,000 fine after he walked out of a stewards’ inquiry.

Stewards opened the inquiry into Mr Dixon’s driving tactics during Race 10 at Redcliffe on the 21st of December.

He was charged with unacceptable driving during a race while in control of Baron Jujon but left the inquiry after it had been reconvened at Albion Park earlier this week.

Mr Dixon also removed seven runners due to participate in races at Albion Park on Tuesday the 2nd of January.

His training and harness driving licences were immediately suspended pending the outcome of a reconvened inquiry.

Mr Dixon attended the hearing today where his harness driving licence was suspended for eight weeks to be served cumulatively with a suspension imposed for a similar previous infringement.

Mr Dixon’s suspension is due to expire on the 1st of March 2018.

He was also fined $4,000 for leaving the inquiry and withdrawing his horses, with $2,000 to be suspended provided Mr Dixon be of good behaviour for 12 months.

Mr Dixon’s harness trainer’s licence has been reinstated.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    It is being reported that Trista Dixon has received 12 months

https://www.punters.com.au/news/tris...months_164962/
    Although I applaud the prompt action by stewards, this penalty is nowhere near enough, blatant cheating and found guilty. No excuses this should have been a 5 year suspension and send a clear message to all that cheating wont be tolerated. I would say this is worse than administering some type of chemical to a horse.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Although I applaud the prompt action by stewards, this penalty is nowhere near enough, blatant cheating and found guilty. No excuses this should have been a 5 year suspension and send a clear message to all that cheating wont be tolerated. I would say this is worse than administering some type of chemical to a horse.
    I cannot agree that it is worse than the chemists Pat - I think of the chemists as people who would do absolutely anything. Dixon's stable driving even rates below those who conspire with other stables to fix a race IMO
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I should have said it a bit more clearly Kev, I am calling this a one-off race fixing by Dixon and that this is worse than a one -off milkshake use, cobalt or using some other drug. It strikes at the very heart of the sport.The use of the drug would only affect the horse on a short term basis. Whereas blatant cheating affects everybody for a period of time. Quite a few trainers get 12 months for a one off charge of illegal substance usage i.e 1 horse only in the stable was given the substance (anecdotal evidence shows they do it to more than one horse).The immediate suspension for 12 months for Dixon without legal challenge as well indicates that authorities see my point of view as well other wise they would give a lesser penalty than for illegal substance use.
    That blatant cheating such as this is also easier to prove by the stewards because it is so obvious makes it easier for authorities to hand down a tougher penalty as well. The Bart Cockburn case is another one in which the penalties have been harsher than any charge of using illegal chemicals in a horses body because it seems to affect the integrity of racing on a bigger scale.
    M. Young in WA last year got 5 yrs for pulling up pacers at Albany. I dont recall any trainer getting 5 yrs for a one off usage of illegal substances. Nathan carrol got 3 yrs 6 months but he had a heap of charges proven against him. There are others who have been suspended then immediately get a lawyer and are free to train/drive and eventually quite a few of the charges are dropped or even worse they get off scot free. We have discussed that issue on the forums

I am not sure what Mr squeaky clean Mark Purdon got for his transgressions a few years ago in NZ but stewards were looking for 12 months but that was with 2 horses.

All in all Kev, I think I may be right even though I have not provided a lot of statistical evidence to support my opinion.

Closed Thread