Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Junior Member Weanling pards will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter pards
    exactly right ,1 week nothing happens ,all clear straight away ,today kezzas horse would of won easily,NO difference to the result ,low and behold protest upheld , my point stewards have not got the mental capacity to act on protests

Junior Member Weanling pards will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter pards
    White hot

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Not the same circumstances Pards. Alfords galloped in the shadows of the post whilst leading and the second horse was taking ground off him as they crossed the line. Melton 2yo Trotterd Breeders Crown Final 25/08/2018 if you want to take a look.

Here’s the rule

155. (1) If a horse breaks gait during a race and the Stewards are of the opinion that the horse thereby gained ground or maintained its ground or caused interference to or obtained an advantage to the detriment of another runner, the Stewards may disqualify the horse from the race or place it in a lower position.

As I wrote looked to me that Im Sir Blake was still fractionally behind the leader when he galloped so gained ground which entitles the stewards to place him in a lower position. I agree it looks rough because he certainly was going to win. Perhaps Alford and Douglas were much better advocates in the protests then Gath and Manning.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Correct most likely actually pards. Looks to me that Im Sir Blake still fractionally behind the leader when he broke therefore he made ground whilst galloping. If he stayed in his gear wins easily of course, and with that amount of momentum and that close to the line not much if anything Kerryn could do about it.

Similarly a couple of months ago Chris Alford galloped across the line on a trotter, kept the race, deemed not to have made ground if I recall correctly.
    I agree with you and the stewards Dot. He was fractionally behind when he galloped and that makes all the difference. He thus made ground when galloping. If he had been in front it could have been argued he did not make any ground. I will grant you that it is an interesting one Peter

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#OUC02061902
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by pards View Post
    corrupt ??? incompetent ????or mentally retarded???? race 7 Ouyen ,you be the judge
    A very extensive stewards report http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=OU020619

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by thepacingman View Post
    Did anything ever come of this? As far as I can recall don't remember any outcome being publicised. Or is it just sweep it under the carpet and hope people forget.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
    VIC - The Boss Man - Late Scratching
    01 December 2018

The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that The Boss Man was scratched from its engagement in Race 4 at tonight’s Tabcorp Park Melton meeting, a heat of the Trotters Inter Dominion Championship under the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule 193(5).

Naomi Malone has also been scratched from Race 9 this evening by Order of the Stewards.

The scratching relates to a raceday stable inspection being performed this afternoon and concerns held that The Boss Man had either been stomach tubed or attempted to be stomach tubed.

Stewards further held concerns that Noami Malone may also have been treated in breach of the rules.

An investigation remains ongoing into this matter and no further comment will be made at this time.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
    See the new thread Stephen, Glenn Douglas and Ellen Tormey Charged

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...Tormey-charged
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=40604

HARNESS RACING INQUIRY-24 year old female Harness Industry Participant

I bet there are plenty on the mainland who wished they could have remained anonymous when charged
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Catching up on some reading
    I see Michael Bellman appealed his 2 week only suspension (pleading guilty helped) for a crazy drive (by both him and Nathan Weightman) at Ouyen in March and had his appeal dismissed and the penalty upped to 3 weeks
    Should have left well enough alone
    Lesson: Very risky to appeal when you got a guilty plea discount
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I see the alleged Shepparton race fixer has had all restrictions lifted. Seemed to go unnoticed in the media.
    https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=40691
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe I need to change this to Stewards and Police News
    Only charges at this stage but such circumventing is what many think is happening in harness too
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread