Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad

Unhappy Stewards News

Can someone please explain LCRT to me> Says last chance to race truly but what are the ramifications of that statement?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Can someone please explain LCRT to me> Says last chance to race truly but what are the ramifications of that statement?
    Yes last chance race truly, ramifications include being sent back to trials.

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Thanks, just as long as it didn't mean pet food factory

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Kev wrote, Where does one keep an eye out for the results of an adjourned inquiry?.

I reckon their should be a separate adjourned inquiry section in the stewards reports in every state. As no one or very few would know when such an inquiry is or will be heard, it would help the general public out & Kev & me.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Of course I totally agree Trish and I have sent an email to HRV to request that adjourned inquiries have their own link on the Stewards Reports list instead of being tacked onto another meets report
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Kev wrote, Where does one keep an eye out for the results of an adjourned inquiry?.

I reckon their should be a separate adjourned inquiry section in the stewards reports in every state. As no one or very few would know when such an inquiry is or will be heard, it would help the general public out & Kev & me.
    Trish you and Kev are spot on!!!!! with this one, to date its like going fishing off Nobby's breakwall trying to find out what is going on with adjourned enquiries....I know HRNSW in particular are keen to be more transparent, and a separated file would assist greatly in that regard.
    Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Maybe HISGEN65 could throw some light on this one for me. Waiting to see what the adjourned inquiry which was opened on 4/9/14 Race 7 at Redcliffe into the performance of Jaccka Lauchie driven by B Barnes, a concessional driver will reveal. We often hear different reasons as to why the sport is on the nose to the general punting crowd...but this drive gold plates how the sport is still viewed by many. A mate of mine (who doesn't mind a decent punt but rarely on a pacer) was straight on the blower asking did I see it, just so happens I had also had a small interest only bet on the horse in question. I was prepared to say the drivers inexperience may be a factor but by God it looked bad.

Trying to find information about when a date has been set down for the inquiry, or has been heard and a finding has been handed down is damn near impossible. I keep checking old stewards reports to see if anything has been tacked on but zilch.

Decide for yourselves, the replay link is below. Messenger speaks for a lot of us when it comes to finding this sort of stuff (which really should be much easier in 2014), keep it up.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#REC04091401

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Jesus that was a shocker Brad, You would have been counting your winnings coming to the corner.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 09-13-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Junior Member Foal Nina will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nina Stokes
    Occupation
    Home duties
    I think you should wait until the enquiry is over before commenting

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    G'day Nina

As you say, we should wait until the inquiry is over...I agree...and give the driver the extreme benefit of the doubt.

My issue on this thread, is how the hell can anyone know what is happening with an adjourned inquiry when nobody, except apparently the stewards and the parties concerned in the inquiry. The rest of us are left to wonder what, when or where anything is happening in regard to a questionable drive...then out of the blue the results are tacked onto the end of a stewards report covered in cobwebs.

What we are asking for here Nina is more transparency/access to information that should be easily available to us...or for someone to point us in the right direction so we can access this mysterious murky world of adjourned inquiries.

Closed Thread