Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    The starter may have called the start off, as is required when a horse is facing the wrong way, rather than C Alford "stopping the start".
    If the mobile had only just started rolling I could see how the starter could recommence a start if the remaining horses maintained some sort of orderly formation. The possibility of that - the starter and chief steward, who is communicating with the starter, try to avoid the race being booted to Sky2.
    Just an interpretation, only watched the race on Sky.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Would the red light have come on if he called the start off Wayne? The emailer said that there was no false start (why I edited my earlier post)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I understand what your saying Wayne, and presumably the race was on Sky 1 and we obviously don’t want to be bumped to Sky2 but shouldn’t the stewards report be an accurate record of events. There’s no indication of any interruption of any kind to the start because of the fractious nature of of one of the runners, just that it was fractious, nor any record of Chris Alford having exited the sulky after the runners commenced to move off from the prerace formation under the instructions of the starter to make a late gear adjustment.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Would the red light have come on if he called the start off Wayne? The emailer said that there was no false start (why I edited my earlier post)
    Was mainly suggesting the start would more than likely have been interrupted or stopped by the horse facing the opposite way, not C Alford as conveyed.

If the mobile had only just taken up it's position and horses just started to peel off, the start could be called off at that stage, paused, not abandoned. Not a false start.
    Had the mobile started to roll? From the Sky vision it looked like the mobile was in it's normal staging position for the 1690m start.

There are times when second row horses are late turning to face the right way after the starter says "we're going up" (to the mobile). The front row horses have commenced to go up. The starter will convey what's going on to the drivers, adding something like "take it easy". If all wasn't righted on the second row I would imagine that start would be called off but it not be a false start, no red light.
    I've been in a race where track attendants noticed a horse had one of it's legs out of a hobble loop as the horses started to peel. It was corrected, a false start wasn't warranted and I don't think it was commented on in the stewards report.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Would have gone back to the trials Kev.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Six Months and $5000

Stewards Report for Bendigo last Thursday.
    Race 7
    Hayden Gray suspended for 6 months with a $5,000 fine.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Haydon Gray, driver of Rigondeaux, pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 168(1)(g) which states:

A person shall not before, during or after a race drive in a manner which is in the opinion of the stewards likely to endanger person or horse.

The particulars of the charge being that when pulling up at the completion of the race Mr Gray drove in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards was likely to endanger person or horse by intentionally directing Rigondeaux outwards resulting in the gelding making contact with the outside fence and as a result of the contact the gelding suffered a laceration to the bottom lip and the sulky of Mr Gray becoming unbalanced resulting in him being momentarily unseated. In assessing penalty Stewards took into account the relevant considerations as outlined within the HRV StewardsMinimum Penalty Guidelines placing weight on Mr Gray’s guilty plea and the circumstances of this incident, specifically that injury occurred to Rigondeaux and the completely unnecessary nature of the incident. Stewards further were mindful that any penalty must demonstrate that safety and welfare of horse and driver is paramount and such conduct will not be condoned. Stewards accordingly imposed a 6 month suspension of Mr Gray’s licence to drive in races and a $5,000 fine. This suspension was ordered to commence immediately.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=BN210219

It is Race 9. If there was ever a repeat offence it should invoke 6 years.
    ps He is a part owner of the horse
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why are NSW so slow with their stewards reports?
    Of course todays are not going to be posted yet but if you look at this link

https://www.hrnsw.com.au/racing/results

You will see that 10 of the last 13 meets reports have not been posted yet - they are about a half dozen behind what an efficient department should be capable of
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Haydon Gray, driver of Rigondeaux, pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 168(1)(g) which states:

A person shall not before, during or after a race drive in a manner which is in the opinion of the stewards likely to endanger person or horse.

The particulars of the charge being that when pulling up at the completion of the race Mr Gray drove in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards was likely to endanger person or horse by intentionally directing Rigondeaux outwards resulting in the gelding making contact with the outside fence and as a result of the contact the gelding suffered a laceration to the bottom lip and the sulky of Mr Gray becoming unbalanced resulting in him being momentarily unseated. In assessing penalty Stewards took into account the relevant considerations as outlined within the HRV StewardsMinimum Penalty Guidelines placing weight on Mr Gray’s guilty plea and the circumstances of this incident, specifically that injury occurred to Rigondeaux and the completely unnecessary nature of the incident. Stewards further were mindful that any penalty must demonstrate that safety and welfare of horse and driver is paramount and such conduct will not be condoned. Stewards accordingly imposed a 6 month suspension of Mr Gray’s licence to drive in races and a $5,000 fine. This suspension was ordered to commence immediately.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=BN210219

It is Race 9. If there was ever a repeat offence it should invoke 6 years.
    ps He is a part owner of the horse
    I qualify the above post in that 6yrs should be if the incident involved malice
    I must say that I assumed the contact in this case was intentional based on the strong 6 month penalty
    but have been informed by another owner that it was not so and that turning horses into the fence is a common practice
    Maybe an appeal will be forthcoming
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread