Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Unless there is a bit of 'history' between these two in the stewards room that we on the sidelines are unaware of, then this is a pathetic response by the stewards.

How would this person have fared on one of those old Dean Martin Roasts back in the 70's? Every personality on those shows copped it sideways from their contemporaries and they took it in their stride...not to heart. It was a fundraising event for goodness sake.

Three months a bit harsh Toohard? Queensland harness racing has lost it's way. Very sad to see.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Three Wise Machs has certainly been the bane of Tell The Future.
    Three times in a row Three Wise Machs has been involved in the defeat of Tell The Future and tonight he did the job himself

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#ARC21061704

ps I received a most comprehensive explanation from Chairman of Stewards Nick Murray explaining the stewards take on the two previous contests
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    NSW openly publicizes its integrity initiatives. That said, I am struggling to understand why no announcement has been made about the scratching of Lynnsanity earlier this week for Sunday's 2yo Breeders Challenge colts and geldings final. Without doing the groundwork for everybody else take a look at the field, note the scratching of the polemarker (#1) at the inclusion of the first emergency (#7). Look further at the trainers, ownership and form of the two. Note the favourite, which would have come out of barrier 6 before the scratching, now comes out of 7.

Now, I am not alluding to any mischief because HRNSW is at the forefront or integrity. We have seen this demonstrated by the allocation of security guards to stables in days leading up to the Miracle Mile and other major races. But I do find it odd that Lynnsanity has been scratched so early in the week after drawing the pole in a $125k race.

It just needs a simple statement from the stewards - there is no mention in the stewards report after the semi-finals - to clarify the murky waters. Or a photo of a horses leg that may have fallen off!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I received an email from Graham Loch, Chairman of Stewards NSW, regarding Trevor's post above
    I have taken the following snip as Outlook would not let me copy and paste it or save to Evernote (which is the usual way around this problem)

Edit: Typing time as that shot is a bit small

"I advise that in regards to Group 1 races in NSW horses might only we withdrawn with express permission of the Stewards. I would have thought that should extinguish any thoughts as to impropriety?

I can advise that LYNNSANITY was withdrawn for quite legitimate reasons which had been fully investigated by HRNSW Stewards. I can also advise that LYNNSANIY sufferd a serious infection which initially was diagnosed as having "stranges" like symptoms but was eventually cleared of same following the analysis of culture material. The infection caused LYNNSANITY to receive treatment which prevented it from taking its place in the race. In this regards Trainer Mr Tritton was found to have fully discharged his responsibilities regarding the reporting of a notifiable disease.

Whilst I understand the inference provided by the Contributor, I would ask that a thought be spared for the Owners of LYNNSANITY who have endured an experience they would no doubt have preferred not to have had"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-28-2017 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Transcript
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    NSW has a new Chairman of Stewards

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ards-appointed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Catching up on the weekend racing and thought I would watch to see how a $1.10 fav got beaten in R10 at Cranbourne on Saturday night (on its merits), but found the drive by Ray Mathews on 20/1 shot Jack William more interesting. I know they weren't running time but I don't know how he did not get a QDT - he did not seem to remember that he was driving a horse that had had 12 starts for 0 wins

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#CRC15071706
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Catching up on the weekend racing and thought I would watch to see how a $1.10 fav got beaten in R10 at Cranbourne on Saturday night (on its merits), but found the drive by Ray Mathews on 20/1 shot Jack William more interesting. I know they weren't running time but I don't know how he did not get a QDT - he did not seem to remember that he was driving a horse that had had 12 starts for 0 wins

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#CRC15071706
    Which part/s of the race Kev?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After contesting the lead, he got off the fence but declined to take a sit choosing to keep the death
    I wonder if he had surrendered the lead easily to the fav whether the fav would have kept the lead and thus JW would have had a nice sit
    The horse he refused the death, did die but he would have been good for a sit for a bit of a breather.
    We are only talking about JW getting 3rd instead of 4th anyway - just my opinion of course but it did not strike me as a great drive
    He could be a good thing if he finds a suitable race next start
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I agree Kev, a suitable race next time, one to look out for.
    This wasn't his race with the if's and wonder's. No QDT for me.
    Just my opinion, R Mathews didn't have the value of hindsight at the time. The odds on pop handing up in an average lead time after getting the lead fairly easily?
    Then R Mathews with the option of handing up the death to a lesser runner after slow sectionals whilst contemplating the thought of having to make a three wide run around Cranbourne's top bend later?
    I'fs and wonder's...that's racing.

Was Todd's a great drive on Tiger Tara?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're right, I am being a bit of a mug armchair driver LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread