Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    There is an Adjourned Inquiry into R6 at Melton last night
    All 6 horses off the front. Stunning Grin outside fr advised of a change of tactic LOL - have a look and see if you think there was any intention other than to lead at all costs.
    Dan's call makes it clear that he was not too impressed with the race

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM08101601
    From what I read in the papers and hear about Vallelonga I am not a fan but if they have got a $20 hope to get beaten less than a length without resorting to pulling him up in previous starts or prohibited substances good on them. Well played.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Vince Vallelonga, trainer of Stunning Grin, notified stewards a change of tactics for Stunning Grin to be driven less aggressively, circumstances permitting. This information was publicized. Stunning Grin was ultimately driven forward at the start to obtain the lead, and finished in 4th place beaten approximately 3.8 metres. After obtaining preliminary evidence from Rodney Petroff, driver of Stunning Grin and trainer Vince Vallelonga, Stewards adjourned the matter to investigate all relevant matters.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=MX081016
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It looks like Boris Devcic is being investigated for team driving again!
    It seems the stewards are wanting to satisfy themselves that in R6 at Swan Hill the stablemates were not playing - "I will give you the lead so that you can get to the fence and then I will take it back"

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=FD151016

It is off to another Adjourned Inquiry, I hope they don't feel sorry for Boris - just because he is already suspended for his drive in R4
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Vince Vallelonga, trainer of Stunning Grin, notified stewards a change of tactics for Stunning Grin to be driven less aggressively, circumstances permitting. This information was publicized. Stunning Grin was ultimately driven forward at the start to obtain the lead, and finished in 4th place beaten approximately 3.8 metres. After obtaining preliminary evidence from Rodney Petroff, driver of Stunning Grin and trainer Vince Vallelonga, Stewards adjourned the matter to investigate all relevant matters.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=MX081016

There was another change of tactics for same horse Friday night. It caused a bit more confusion. "Further forward at start". Horse had run the gate at its previous 3 starts (the one above included). Further forward this time??? I think this time it was mostly ignored. If the 1 horse wanted to lead then no way it was going to cross it which is what happened. Stunning Grin didn't go further forward... it only got a neck in front of the horse drawn inside it at the start and that one was angling to get behind the leader. So why the need for the COT? All it does is cause confusion. Both times above that horse was driven to give it the best chance of winning (in my opinion). All the COT rule has done here is cause confusion (and frustration!).

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Talking about giving a horse the best chance of winning Paul.
    Here is one from last week where a young fella would have to feel pretty p***** off
    He would have lost money on the night for leading and rating
    28.2 32.6 28.5 27.8
    The horse managed 3rd and its biggest cheque for a year but he was Fined $100 for that 2ndQ

The winner ended up being Times A Bonus - I bet the young fella would have loved to say that to the stewards!

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC07101601
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Talking about giving a horse the best chance of winning Paul.
    Here is one from last week where a young fella would have to feel pretty p***** off
    He would have lost money on the night for leading and rating
    28.2 32.6 28.5 27.8
    The horse managed 3rd and its biggest cheque for a year but he was Fined $100 for that 2ndQ

The winner ended up being Times A Bonus - I bet the young fella would have loved to say that to the stewards!

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC07101601
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a 32 sec quarter is OK and equates to 45.25kmh. But a 32.6 not OK and (just to put in context) equates to 44.42kmh.

Junior driver... $100 fine.

Again correct me if wrong, but the lights on the poles at the quarters come on to show the slowest time acceptable BEFORE you get to them? So if you run a slow quarter all the light is doing is telling the driver they will get a fine?

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a 32 sec quarter is OK and equates to 45.25kmh. But a 32.6 not OK and (just to put in context) equates to 44.42kmh.

Junior driver... $100 fine.

Again correct me if wrong, but the lights on the poles at the quarters come on to show the slowest time acceptable BEFORE you get to them? So if you run a slow quarter all the light is doing is telling the driver they will get a fine?
    its a wonder in these situation why the stewards don't question the other drivers why they let him get away with the slow qtr
    driver gets fined for giving his horse every possible chance to win , other drivers get a nothing for not giving their horse every possible chance

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    its a wonder in these situation why the stewards don't question the other drivers why they let him get away with the slow qtr
    driver gets fined for giving his horse every possible chance to win , other drivers get a nothing for not giving their horse every possible chance
    Exactly David - what if young Ashley said he was looking to hand up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Exactly David - what if young Ashley said he was looking to hand up
    Consider this one of the most frustrating rules along with the COT now required.

Have thought that if I were in a 'bad' mood, I would contest a slow quarter fine on the basis of that as a driver, I am not allowed to carry a stopwatch, I cannot fit a speedometer to the sulky, and the by the time the light on the pole lights up, it is too late to remedy the situation.

They are basically saying to drivers that if you lead, don't keep anything in the tank. That is nearly chargeable under not giving your horse every possible chance! Another argument against being fined for a slow quarter!
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A beautiful summary of the situation Phil
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread