Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I find it very frustrating that HRV don't provide a replay of "no races". Owners, trainers and drivers would like to see what happened and punters deserve to see why it was declared a no race. It's like they want to avoid any questioning for their decision. "We make the decisions and no one should dare question us" is the message that they are sending.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Fair call, I think we should be able to see the replay

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Harnessbred posted this to Facebook a couple days ago. Anyone else see it?

"Another race fixing investigation has surfaced in the central west of NSW, around a race held at Dubbo in early April 2018.
    We are lead to believe that strike force Antree are investigating a Parkes trainer and a leading reins person on the said meeting after intercepting phone calls involving persons of interest and race fixing allegations.

It is not yet clear, weather these allegations are related to charges made by task force Antree on the 1st of March 2018.
    However early reports suggest their could be links regarding the involved.
    Court proceedings relating to the charges of two counts of engage in conduct that corrupts betting outcome and use corrupt information to bet on event that have been laid on the 1st of March have been adjourned till June.

An Investigation in relation to these current matters are on going."

Race in question is Race 4. Amanda Turnball driving. Hutchings training.

From a FB commentator: "This is the race in question. Hutchings had a 70/1 pop that made the favourite do a power of work in a lead time more than a second faster than other races that night. Allowing the stablemate to sit back at the tale and swoop home."

I haven't seen anything from any other source, but these kind of reports are a worry.

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    Stewards report on the race mentions:

Stewards questioned driver B Hutchings in relation to the tactics adopted and the overall performance with HOMESTED LAD. Trainer / Driver B Hutching explained that he was able to hold his position from the mobile and find the lead without making much use of the gelding. He further added racing down the home straight on the first occasion sustained a challenge by KARLOO THREEOTHREE which was under a significant amount of driving and held the lead as in his opinion HOMESTED LAD is best suited whilst leading running even sectionals. He further advised that he wasn’t overly disappointed in the performance. Stewards noted his comments.
    The second last sentence above is interesting as Homested Lad finished in 8th place, 39.7 metres behind the stablemate winner.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is no mention in the Stewards Report as to why One Muscle Hill was declared a non-runner in the NSW trotters derby other than to say he was denied a fair start in the Summary table - how can you give no details in the body of the stewards report?!

https://www.harnessmediacentre.com.a...dsreports/2153
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-16-2018 at 01:18 AM. Reason: ONE Muscle Hill not Muscle Hill
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    There is no mention in the Stewards Report as to why Muscle Hill was declared a non-runner in the NSW trotters derby other than to say he was denied a fair start in the Summary table - how can you give no details in the body of the stewards report?!

https://www.harnessmediacentre.com.a...dsreports/2153
    A case of broken gear?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I think you’re right Breno, Watched the start a couple of times and broken gear must have been the reason

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I could see the driver put up his hand but the starter must not have - a steward's report explanation has to be a given surely
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is a controversial racing site that is claiming that R7 at Mildura last Sunday was the red hottest race Victoria has ever seen.
    I like hearing from our expert posters when I, like most, have no driving experience - what do you guys think?
    The stewards report allocates no blame

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=ML130518

But we had a $1.20 favorite driven by a legendary reinsman and headed for victory - get beat
    Have a look

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MLC13051810
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    OMG I can’t believe that, I’m going to leave that to the guys that have had driving experience but it didn’t look good
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-18-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Closed Thread