Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    I agree Kev, a suitable race next time, one to look out for.
    This wasn't his race with the if's and wonder's. No QDT for me.
    Just my opinion, R Mathews didn't have the value of hindsight at the time. The odds on pop handing up in an average lead time after getting the lead fairly easily?
    Then R Mathews with the option of handing up the death to a lesser runner after slow sectionals whilst contemplating the thought of having to make a three wide run around Cranbourne's top bend later?
    I'fs and wonder's...that's racing.

Was Todd's a great drive on Tiger Tara?
    A drive like that would have got Tiger Tara over the line in most races he has been in over the past 6 months. I think Todd will learn from that drive though leading into races like the Interdominion.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It must be compulsory for stewards to QIP when a longshot gets up
    Honey Please won her first race at Ballarat tonight and received a QIP
    She is a 2yo trotter, she has only been racing THIS MONTH and this was her 4th start.
    She only rated 2.09. I hope they answered "she is just learning the caper"

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC26071710
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    R SANDERS

A/ CHIEF STEWARD in Qld. Prob a bit late but I didn't know.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Dear oh Dear, I honestly thought a completely different direction might have worked better, block eye winkers are best suited to horses as well!

People who are gullible enough to believe the "line" they are fed are usually best suited to roles as followers rather than leaders! but try telling them that! ha ha ha

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The track must have been fast at Yarra Valley today - although that does not really explain how a 2R0 race could be the quickest of the day (including a C4-6)
    How did Miss Victoria run that time after having to work for the lead from the outside of the mobile
    This race warranted a QIP. She went 1.56.1 which has to be up there with the best of 2yo times here.
    The closest she has come to going that fast would have been 2 starts back when beaten by 51.7m when they went 1.54.8 at Melton
    She has been freshened up since then but her first run back she had a cushy run and was beaten 15.7m when they rated 2.05

The only thing that may partly explain the improvement is that the 3rd and 4th horses have also grown another leg
    They must have known she had improved as she was $70 at Kilmore when the fav was $3.30 while today she was $11.50 when the fav was $1.40 (first starter who ran 2nd)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#YGC31071707

I was undecided whether to put this post here or in the Speed Explosion thread - it seemed to me that it belonged here after my post 132 and I suppose they can say she is learning the caper BUT it sure was some improvement
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    It is a massive way to get your first win after a dozen starts. The C1 was quicker Kev by a hair, but based on that time look out if Miss Victoria starts to improve as 2&3 y/o' normally do.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The track must have been fast at Yarra Valley today - although that does not really explain how a 2R0 race could be the quickest of the day (including a C4-6)
    How did Miss Victoria run that time after having to work for the lead from the outside of the mobile
    This race warranted a QIP. She went 1.56.1 which has to be up there with the best of 2yo times here.
    The closest she has come to going that fast would have been 2 starts back when beaten by 51.7m when they went 1.54.8 at Melton
    She has been freshened up since then but her first run back she had a cushy run and was beaten 15.7m when they rated 2.05

The only thing that may partly explain the improvement is that the 3rd and 4th horses have also grown another leg
    They must have known she had improved as she was $70 at Kilmore when the fav was $3.30 while today she was $11.50 when the fav was $1.40 (first starter who ran 2nd)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#YGC31071707

I was undecided whether to put this post here or in the Speed Explosion thread - it seemed to me that it belonged here after my post 132 and I suppose they can say she is learning the caper BUT it sure was some improvement
    Trial super last week at Melton Kev. See trial 2 results. Then while you're looking, check Trial 6 result. http://www.harness.org.au/trial-resu...?trialId=17360

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Pat and Paul, the only thing with that trial win Paul is the time - sure it is a trial but unlike Trial 6 it is not within cooee of what she ran yesterday and Melton is a faster track but maybe she had plenty in reserve, incredible what a few weeks rest did for her

Do stewards consider trial wins when considering QIP's - if they did, then all trial results would have to go in the form guide to keep the public in the loop
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

then all trial results would have to go in the form guide to keep the public in the loop

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know you like the advantage of punters having to do their own homework Brenno but let's say a horse does not receive a QIP because it trialled super well, the general public are not going to know this - hence the reinforcement of the 'Red Hots', an image we must eradicate.

I know you will say that only serious followers read the stewards summary but I would say that QIP should be based on exposed form and if trials are not 'clearly' exposed then a QIP should be given - and then the trial will be used as explanation.

If we are to compete with the gallops, I cannot see you having your 'homework advantage' for long as good free form guides for the gallops such as Racing.com and Racenet all list trial performances
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread