Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Originally posted by Bronocobrad
    What we are asking for here Nina is more transparency/access to information that should be easily available to us...or for someone to point us in the right direction so we can access this mysterious murky world of adjourned inquiries.

It looks like it would be easy to do as the Australian Harness Racing web site already has a News Room page with a Stewards Wrap section in each state. All it would take is to upload the reports to this section, I would think.
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 09-14-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Toni, I did not know about that Stewards Wrap section under the News Room tab on the AHR site. It seems to have titbits from several states. I am not sure what you mean by a Stewards Wrap section in each state - I am guessing you are meaning 'Stewards Reports'.
    The big problem is that adjourned inquiries do not have their own separate report but are eventually tacked onto who knows what day's report. They just need their own separate title/link - my preference would be to put this with the relevant state's stewards reports but if they want to put it in the AHR's stewards wrap, I could get used to that.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Of course I totally agree Trish and I have sent an email to HRV to request that adjourned inquiries have their own link on the Stewards Reports list instead of being tacked onto another meets report
    Not even a reply from HRV so I have sent it again - Geez they need to lift their game
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Chairman of Stewards Victoria has got back to us

In relation to your question about the difficulty in finding out the result of an adjourned inquiry and subsequent recommendation, it is not possible to assign an adjourned inquiry it’s own report title. Stewards Reports are not populated on the website manually, but are formulated off the National database from the meeting calendar. HRV Stewards will post any serious matters or inquiries which generate considerable public interest under the ‘Stewards Wrap’ section of the www.harness.org.au website. Other adjourned inquiries will be posted on the Stewards Report at the meeting which they were concluded. I will also endeavour to ensure they are posted to the meeting at which the inquiry was adjourned so that they will be easier to follow-up for interested parties.

This may help.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Chairman of Stewards Victoria has got back to us

In relation to your question about the difficulty in finding out the result of an adjourned inquiry and subsequent recommendation, it is not possible to assign an adjourned inquiry it’s own report title. Stewards Reports are not populated on the website manually, but are formulated off the National database from the meeting calendar. HRV Stewards will post any serious matters or inquiries which generate considerable public interest under the ‘Stewards Wrap’ section of the www.harness.org.au website. Other adjourned inquiries will be posted on the Stewards Report at the meeting which they were concluded. I will also endeavour to ensure they are posted to the meeting at which the inquiry was adjourned so that they will be easier to follow-up for interested parties.

This may help.
    Kev I'm sure that if you started up that I. T. business that I mentioned in another thread you would be able to add a Tab to click on and there would be all the adjourned inquiries. Imagine how much the Web site cost harness racing and they can't use a database to generate a field. But I bet you could Kev. :-)

At least you can't say they didn't reply.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Kev I'm sure that if you started up that I. T. business that I mentioned in another thread you would be able to add a Tab to click on and there would be all the adjourned inquiries. Imagine how much the Web site cost harness racing and they can't use a database to generate a field. But I bet you could Kev. :-)

At least you can't say they didn't reply.
    I am on your wavelength Toni. I did wonder how you could add the adjourned inquiry result to the original meeting but you could not add it with its own heading

I may still ask them this but it was strange how a written email could have a tone to it that made me wonder whether I could even be bothered with them - I have little doubt that the Chairman sees me as nothing more than a bother
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    hi kev, i wiil try to put some light on your querying,...if jack sprat was the driver,straper or a stable hand etc,that was the subject of a inquirery ,the likes of you or i as just interested parties will be on a need to know basis.... we the public will get to know the outcome when the enquirery is completed.... but the licenced people such as the trainer,the owner or the manager of a synd.of owners through the trainer would be kept in the loop....now i will stand to be corrected on this but i think this is how it goes....

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hi Allan, I agree that we do not need to be kept in the loop - I just want it to be easy for us to find the result of an adjourned inquiry. Maybe the Stewards wrap always has this info but I doubt it (will be monitoring from now on) and as for having to read every stewards report in case the adjourned inquiry you are interested in, is tacked on to who knows what meeting - well that is joke and an indictment on Harness Racing's Stewards and Public Relations departments (unless covering up the fact that we are going easy on offenders!)

Let's say I was a punter and was affected by a drive which resulted in an adjourned inquiry - shouldn't it be easy for me to eventually find out the result of that inquiry. I do not see many driving inquiries in the Stewards Wrap up now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    i totally agree with you kevin,surely the stewards don`t have that big a backlog of unheard inquiries,i can understand the more serious cases taking time to get through with appeals ,lawyers and vcat and such,but the lesser offences such as driving,track behavior etc,should be, you would think, got through quickly and made public for us to see...even a hot line to a public relations department would be very helpful....

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Race 3 at Melton last Friday

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM26091405

From the Stewards Report:

Driver Nathan Jack was questioned about the tactics he adopted on Smiling High, in particular his decision to surrender the lead in the early stages which appeared in contrast to the racing pattern established by this mare. Mr Jack stated that it was not a preconceived plan to surrender the lead as he was unsure whether he could cross Patchitupbaby (Greg Sugars). Mr Jack added that he drove the mare with the knowledge that he had been run down the previous week when leading and when challenged by Ultimate CC NZ early in the race thought it was a good horse to follow.

It all seems very reasonable.
    What are the Stewards thinking but not stating?
    I'm not sure about the "good horse to follow" bit as he never looked like he intended to hold the lead
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread