Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Thanks for digging that up Noel; knew he was no clean-skin but couldn't remember the specifics. I think the term "known to stewards", as in "known to police", would be an apt epitaph to his training career.

It seems to be a trait of the needy and the greedy. They use a stopwatch as a precision tool and can tell you to 1/10th of a second how well a horse is working but blame the town hall clock for being fast when they get caught out with performance enhancers used within the prescribed withholding period. Or just blame their vet!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    It's irrelevant whether Cobalt is performance enhancing or not . It's on the banned substance list. All participants have agreed to follow the rules, if you can't then get out of the industry. If Cobalt does nothing why do people keep using it and risking suspension ?
    Shouldn't it be, when caught, the industry gets rid of you?

Even though alkalising agents/bicarb aren't banned substances their illicit use is banned. Could follow the same line of thought considering what we've seen in recent times? On one hand you have someone one step away from being incarcerated, on the other hand you have participants appealing through VCAT for a reduction of penalty when only fined $6000 without even a suspension.

Something to consider when a trainer risks their licence for what seems like a paltry few thousand $ in punting or not even any punting money at all. Wins get trainers more/better horses and more training dollars.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Shouldn't it be, when caught, the industry gets rid of you?

Even though alkalising agents/bicarb aren't banned substances their illicit use is banned. Could follow the same line of thought considering what we've seen in recent times? On one hand you have someone one step away from being incarcerated, on the other hand you have participants appealing through VCAT for a reduction of penalty when only fined $6000 without even a suspension.

Something to consider when a trainer risks their licence for what seems like a paltry few thousand $ in punting or not even any punting money at all. Wins get trainers more/better horses and more training dollars.
    I find it depressing to look at who is at the top of the tree. So many have been involved in MAJOR scandals/suspensions. No wonder people are giving it away. We all know it is a very expensive hobby if you cannot win the odd race - and many don't believe they are playing on a level field
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I really thought our industry had turned a corner on integrity when the new board took over. But they have been so disappointing , the cheats just keep winning and getting away with it. Just look at last nights Melton winners , a lot of winning trainers that are "known to stewards". Many trainers with multiple drug or prohibited substance convictions among them and a few still waiting for their cases to be heard. Hardly any encouragement to go out and see them or keep breeding horses . The uneven playing field isn't getting any smoother !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Might pay to not look too deep into the history behind the winner of race 7 at Cranbourne tonight if you're seeking a level playing field, a good image for the sport and punter confidence.
    Was it Craig calling tonight? His memory of the horse's last win, "a huge win". Unfortunately for Craig the reason may have been presented a few weeks ago. And only the tip of the iceberg.
    Last edited by arlington; 01-29-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Did you mean R4 or R7 Wayne

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic

Found this for the last time that R7 winner had a QIP

"It is alleged that the horse ‘Westvillageemily’ was presented to race at Kilmore on 25 July 2017 by Ms Laffan, whilst not free of alkalinising agents, a prohibited substance when evidenced by a total carbon dioxide (TCO2) concentration in excess of 36 millimoles per litre in plasma"

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35948
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Apologies Kev, I was listening to Breno cheering on Sparling Success again. I'll edit and correct.

aussiebreno
    Apologies Kev, I was listening to Breno cheering on Sparling Success again. I'll edit and correct.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Can anyone else hear Dolly

Here you come again
    Just when I'd begun to get myself together
    You waltz right in the door
    Just like you've done before
    And wrap my heart 'round your little finger...

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=36221

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Can anyone else hear Dolly

Here you come again
    Just when I'd begun to get myself together
    You waltz right in the door
    Just like you've done before
    And wrap my heart 'round your little finger...

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=36221
    Looks like this has been going on for a long time:
    On the HRA Website dated 2002 there is a comprehensive overview of TC02 and the practice of milkshaking.

TCO2 Questions and Answers
    Research Papers https://www.harness.org.au/hra/papers/TC02Q-A.HTM

One of the findings in those papers:
    For a period of time many believed -on anecdotal grass roots evidence and some academic thought- that milkshakes would hide/mask the use/detection of other drugs but it could not be proven. Anecdotal evidence eventually became reality in the Meadow Mirage case when after many months of testing, analysts found the drug etorphine("a positive but light reaction") hidden behind an administration of bicarbonate.(See Appeal Judge JG Garvey’s summary of this case for further information.).
    Last edited by Adaptor; 01-29-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Closed Thread