Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    For those who haven't opened the link provided by Wayne, it relates to

"HRV Stewards ordered the scratching of the horse Carload from its scheduled engagement in Race 1 at Melton on 27 January 2018.

The scratching followed a stable inspection conducted by HRV Stewards where Mr Justice’s conduct on this day was consistent with preparing Carload to be stomach tubed. "

Thank you Noel for the link to the TCO2 research paper - it is a comprehensive but easy read that everybody should undertake
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Looks like this has been going on for a long time:
    On the HRA Website dated 2002 there is a comprehensive overview of TC02 and the practice of milkshaking.

TCO2 Questions and Answers
    Research Papers https://www.harness.org.au/hra/papers/TC02Q-A.HTM

One of the findings in those papers:
    For a period of time many believed -on anecdotal grass roots evidence and some academic thought- that milkshakes would hide/mask the use/detection of other drugs but it could not be proven. Anecdotal evidence eventually became reality in the Meadow Mirage case when after many months of testing, analysts found the drug etorphine("a positive but light reaction") hidden behind an administration of bicarbonate.(See Appeal Judge JG Garvey’s summary of this case for further information.).

A few years ago one of the analytical lab's, website, who provided detection services to the Victorian racing industry had quite a bit of info on alkalising, buffering, agents and how they masked. How a number of drugs and/or their metabolites were affected by alkaline or acidic environments.
    With this knowledge available to the racing industry, along with Noel's HRA papers, you can't help but wonder why TCO2 violations weren't/aren't considered more sinister.
    I realise you can't suspect every TCO2 violation is a result of someone trying to mask but isn't there still sufficient proof to indicate milk-shaking can give big advantages similar to some of the illicit drugs that attract higher penalties?
    Sodi bic, one of the easiest substances to procure, would be fairly cheap at Aldi, and so easy to manipulate form. To shake or not to shake.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Of late all forms of racing could be summed up by this album cover

On top of the long list of offenders, the sport is full of participants on 2nd or 3rd chances (reformed?)

If we don't come down hard on offenders, the foreground of this pic could be the future of the industry

Good luck stewards - Go Hard
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A respected past administrator of the industry has reminded me that I should really have added:

Appeals Tribunals please realize that Stewards are determining penalties based on expert knowledge of the ramifications of the various substances they suspend trainers for
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think one of the major hurdles facing integrity for racing codes is VCAT. VCAT only rules on points of law, precedents etc, they do not consider safety of participants or horses, they don't consider integrity or the image of the sport, the don't consider what is good or bad for the future of the sport. They don't care that participants have agreed to follow the racing bodies rules and abide by their decisions.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    A respected past administrator of the industry has reminded me that I should really have added:

Appeals Tribunals please realize that Stewards are determining penalties based on expert knowledge of the ramifications of the various substances they suspend trainers for
    ...Quote...
    Darren Cole gets 12mths even though Mr Conder appearing for HRV stewards
    "conceded that cobalt was not performance enhancing"

http://www.harness.org.au/NEWS/news2...20Jan%2018.pdf

As I read the two quotes from two of your previous posts I can't help but wonder if the "respected past administrator" you refer to is not part of the reasons for the problem currently burdening the integrity of the sport.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    ...Quote...
    Darren Cole gets 12mths even though Mr Conder appearing for HRV stewards
    "conceded that cobalt was not performance enhancing"

http://www.harness.org.au/NEWS/news2...20Jan%2018.pdf

As I read the two quotes from two of your previous posts I can't help but wonder if the "respected past administrator" you refer to is not part of the reasons for the problem currently burdening the integrity of the sport.
    That link would not open for me Tony, was it this one

http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...%20Reasons.pdf

The respected past administrator, whose emails I very much appreciate, was not from VIC
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Yes

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Gaita Pulliccino...
    In the steward's reports yet again.

ww.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=36277

Wonder if the drone was looking in.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I tried to find if she was still disqualified but that is something HRV do not provide (unlike NSW)
    She is isn't she?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread