Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Chairman of Stewards Victoria has got back to us

In relation to your question about the difficulty in finding out the result of an adjourned inquiry and subsequent recommendation, it is not possible to assign an adjourned inquiry it’s own report title. Stewards Reports are not populated on the website manually, but are formulated off the National database from the meeting calendar. HRV Stewards will post any serious matters or inquiries which generate considerable public interest under the ‘Stewards Wrap’ section of the www.harness.org.au website. Other adjourned inquiries will be posted on the Stewards Report at the meeting which they were concluded. I will also endeavour to ensure they are posted to the meeting at which the inquiry was adjourned so that they will be easier to follow-up for interested parties.

This may help.
    Would it be disrespectful for me to say All Talk - No Action?
    The adjourned Jason Lee did not make it into Stewards Wrap nor is it posted under the original Ballarat Stewards Report (not that I think that is the answer) so the only way you would know the result is if you stumbled across it tacked onto the Terang Stewards report (or this forum )

Easy solution : All adjourned inquiries should have their conclusions posted in Steward Wrap
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Would it be disrespectful for me to say All Talk - No Action?
    The adjourned Jason Lee did not make it into Stewards Wrap nor is it posted under the original Ballarat Stewards Report (not that I think that is the answer) so the only way you would know the result is if you stumbled across it tacked onto the Terang Stewards report (or this forum )

Easy solution : All adjourned inquiries should have their conclusions posted in Steward Wrap

I think they are just toying with your emotions :-(

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Any Stewards read our forum?

It looks like being Wednesday at best before last Friday's Ballarat, Newcastle or Albion Park steward's reports are posted - slack!

Still waiting on an answer as to why ALL adjourned inquiry results cannot be reported in Stewards Wrap
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From last Friday's Stewards Report that went up today but relating to Oct 24

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=vic

Stewards concluded an inquiry into the conduct of licensed stablehand Craig Wight and licensed driver William Pace when the horses returned to the stabling area following the running of Race 2 at Tabcorp Park Melton on 24 October 2014. Initial evidence was taken from all parties on the night, with further evidence adduced at this inquiry. After considering the evidence of all parties involved, Mr Wight was issued with a fine of $250 under Rule 231(2) in that he misconducted himself by gestures and comments directed at driver Darren Pace. Mr William Pace was fined $500 under Rule 231(2) for subsequently engaging a physical contact with Mr Wight. Given the nature and location of the conduct, as well as the good records of both gentlemen, each fine was wholly suspended for 12 months provided they do not breach a conduct related rule in that time. All parties were reminded of their obligations to act in a professional manner and carefully consider any emotional comments and/or actions.

This was the race in question which saw driver Darren Pace suspended

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXC24101405

William should have been belting Darren not the Wights for this effort which put the odds on fav out of biz
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I missed this when it was first released but so must have most of the drivers because in most of the preliminaries I have watched, you will see at least a couple of drivers talking to each other.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24555

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards remind drivers of their obligation under Rule 162(1)(c) which relates to talking or communicating with fellow drivers whilst performing the preliminary, at the start point and during a race.
    Stewards have previously notified drivers to cease this practice, however will now be issuing cautions as a first offence and subsequent penalty if any further breach of Rule 162(1)(c) is identified.
    Australian Rule of Harness Racing 162 (1)(c) states: A driver shall not once on the track speak, communicate or signal to any person other than an authorised official.

Of course it is all just PR as we know and expect drivers will be talking to their colleagues during the course of the day

I think we could all forget about it if investigation and penalties for collusion were so severe that only the fools would consider it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Melton (Ouyen) from Friday has still not had the Stewards Report posted - if every single Saturday meet and even yesterday's Hamilton has then it would want to be an extraordinary reason for us to have to wait until Tuesday for Friday's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From Saturday's Melton

Gavin Lang (Chilli Palmer NZ) was questioned regarding his tactics in the early stages when there was an option to move forward three wide to take a forward position when it was apparent that the speed was moderate. Driver Lang reported that he was mindful that the leader Cold Major and the horse racing to its outside Smudge Bromac NZ would be reluctant to hand up any forward position and he was then forced to race at the rear of the field but when the pace quickened from the 800m and the last half was run in 54.7 seconds, Chilli Palmer NZ raced wider rounding the home turn on the final occasion but was unable to make ground due the quick speed of the last 800m. Driver Lang’s explanation was noted.

Why would this be noted/accepted? If Smudge Bromac does not hand up the death he would be not only holding out Chilli but he would be putting the pressure on his stablemate in the lead. This is a FFA with a lead time slower than the C2 and a Q1 of 33. Geoff Webster was also questioned as to why he did not make a move. I know Chilli is suited to a late fast run at them but that was a joke. This horse was the Fav
    (and NO I did not have a bet on it - I have just seen it now)

It is up to the stewards to insist on some competitive racing because this is a betting industry

Interesting that in the next race over the shorter distance Gav could get to the death despite a much faster pace

ps It would be interesting to know if the Stewart stable supported one of their runners in the 8th as the 'team' did a good job of stitching up the Fav and winning with their less fancied runner (Gav gets another 'noted' in the Stewards Report)
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-05-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

i`m with you kev.

From Saturday's Melton

Gavin Lang (Chilli Palmer NZ) was questioned regarding his tactics in the early stages when there was an option to move forward three wide to take a forward position when it was apparent that the speed was moderate. Driver Lang reported that he was mindful that the leader Cold Major and the horse racing to its outside Smudge Bromac NZ would be reluctant to hand up any forward position and he was then forced to race at the rear of the field but when the pace quickened from the 800m and the last half was run in 54.7 seconds, Chilli Palmer NZ raced wider rounding the home turn on the final occasion but was unable to make ground due the quick speed of the last 800m. Driver Lang’s explanation was noted.

Why would this be noted/accepted? If Smudge Bromac does not hand up the death he would be not only holding out Chilli but he would be putting the pressure on his stablemate in the lead. This is a FFA with a lead time slower than the C2 and a Q1 of 33. Geoff Webster was also questioned as to why he did not make a move. I know Chilli is suited to a late fast run at them but that was a joke. This horse was the Fav
    (and NO I did not have a bet on it - I have just seen it now)

It is up to the stewards to insist on some competitive racing because this is a betting industry

Interesting that in the next race over the shorter distance Gav could get to the death despite a much faster pace

ps It would be interesting to know if the Stewart stable supported one of their runners in the 8th as the 'team' did a good job of stitching up the Fav and winning with their less fancied runner (Gav gets another 'noted' in the Stewards Report)

kevin, you are right on the money...

aussiebreno
    It's Chilli Palmer of course he was always going to stay back. No problem here.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    It's Chilli Palmer of course he was always going to stay back. No problem here.
    +1, Chilli needs a frantic pace early but this race was totally run upside down for him, Just about impossible to make ground from the rear of the field when they run a 54.7 last half.

Closed Thread