Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    +1, Chilli needs a frantic pace early but this race was totally run upside down for him, Just about impossible to make ground from the rear of the field when they run a 54.7 last half.
    +2 theres no chance in hell Chilli is a death horse and as if the death horse would let him to the chair anyway, good decision Gavin

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The No's have it. The long and the short of it is that Chilli should never start favourite in a race as without a strong pace early he is never going to be able to finish over the top of them - Right?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I think that's exactly right Kev, I like the horse but just could not back him at any odds with confidence with his racing style, A fast pace is a must for him and should never have been the Favourite. Pretty sure that he will prove me wrong on the odd occasion though but it's risky backing him.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So I am guessing everyone thinks that Chris Alford had no alternative but to just sit there in the 1x1 on the $1.40 fav when the leader walked a 35.6Q in the 2nd Vicbred at Ballarat tonight
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC06051507
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    So I am guessing everyone thinks that Chris Alford had no alternative but to just sit there in the 1x1 on the $1.40 fav when the leader walked a 35.6Q in the 2nd Vicbred at Ballarat tonight
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC06051507
    Chris got caught napping big time Kev, Certainly misjudged the slow tempo and should have been off a lot earlier, Didn't notice anything to indicate that he was hauled in but definitley should have been.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-06-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am not a big fan of driver's having to notify stewards of driving tactics BUT I am a big fan of stewards expecting drivers to give a horse the best possible chance of winning
    In the last at Ballarat tonight, I see following out the leader on a track that has no sprint lane as a risky tactic when you are driving the best horse in the race - especially when you are the only horse on the 2nd line and had options

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC06051501
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My Kiwi Mate's first Oz run was considered spectacular because he had to come from so far back after breaking early
    An inquiry was adjourned as to why he broke but why doesn't the Stewards Report (Kilmore 29/4) contain any information about the cause - surely there must have been some questioning etc before it was decided to adjourn it.
    As usual we will be hard pressed to hear the wash up of this for despite requests to improve communication by posting the results of adjourned inquiries in Stewards wrap (see first 2 pages of this thread)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Weird abbreviated Stewards Comments at Gloucester Park - instead of abbreviating the death as 2 they abbreviate it as L1W - RIDICULOUS in my book
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The form guide says that Senor Macray is ODM after his one and only start - is there a way that can be overruled without him racing as he is drawn 2 at his second start tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/form.cfm?mc=SP020615#3
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    He would need to trial satisfactorily twice Kev but it could be put back in draw without racing.

Closed Thread