Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been away for a week so just catching up with a few races
    R7 last Thursday's Silver Vicbred is an interesting one
    An inquiry has been adjourned
    The Stewards Report includes:

Josh Duggan, driver of Islandspecialmajor was questioned regarding the reasons for Loveisamyth obtaining the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor passing the 1900m. Mr Duggan explained that passing the 2000m he became aware that Keayang Da Vinci, which was racing in advance, had paced roughly and almost broken gait and as a result he was reluctant to trail the runner ahead closely. Mr Duggan further explained that Islandspecialmajor hung in entering the turn and as a result of these two occurrences, Loveisamyth was able to obtain the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor.

Chris Alford, driver of Loveisamyth, was questioned regarding the reasons for Loveisamyth obtaining the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor passing the 1900m and further, his reasons for directing Loveisamyth out to improve three wide without cover approaching the 1100m. Mr Alford explained that he was instructed by connections to drive Loveisamyth forward at the start however, the gelding failed to begin as quickly as anticipated and due to runners drawn to his inside showing superior speed Loveisamyth was caught three wide during the early stages. Mr Alford explained mindful of the instructions issued by connections, he directed Loveisamyth out three wide to improve when runners drawn behind commenced to improve forward. This matter was adjourned to allow Stewards the opportunity to review the explanations tendered by Mr Duggan and Mr Alford and review any other relevant matter.

Both horses are from the Lilley stable so the above is the long form of saying that they were 'team driving' and suggesting it was always Alford's role to cart Duggan's horse up
    This will be a real test of our integrity as it involves our leading driver

The other strange one at this meet was R3 where Ryan Duffy chose not to use the sprint lane and copped 4 weeks for this brain freeze

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=MX120718

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...X120718&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Shep July 17

"RACE 9 – HUNTERS HOME HARDWARE PACE (2190 MS)

Stewards opened an inquiry into the running of this race where evidence was taken from Robert Walters, trainer of Paddy Mach and trainer/driver of Kash NZ, Nathan Jack, driver of Paddy Mach and Peter White stablehand assisting Mr Walters.

In light of the significant concerns held by Stewards regarding the conduct of this race, Mr Walters was issued with a direction to provide his mobile telephone to Stewards in order for forensic analysis to be undertaken. Upon being issued this direction Mr Walters advised Stewards that his mobile telephone was not present on the racecourse.

Stewards subsequently conducted a search of Mr Walters, his racing gear and his vehicle which uncovered his mobile telephone. The mobile telephone was confiscated and has now undergone forensic analysis.

This inquiry has been adjourned to a time and date to be fixed to allow Stewards the opportunity to investigate all relevant matters, including but not limited to, all wagering information and the information gathered through forensic analysis.

An inquiry into the current licence status of Peter White will also be conducted."

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=SP170718

It is going to be difficult to believe anything Robert Walters says - other than Guilty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have been away for a week so just catching up with a few races
    R7 last Thursday's Silver Vicbred is an interesting one
    An inquiry has been adjourned
    The Stewards Report includes:

Josh Duggan, driver of Islandspecialmajor was questioned regarding the reasons for Loveisamyth obtaining the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor passing the 1900m. Mr Duggan explained that passing the 2000m he became aware that Keayang Da Vinci, which was racing in advance, had paced roughly and almost broken gait and as a result he was reluctant to trail the runner ahead closely. Mr Duggan further explained that Islandspecialmajor hung in entering the turn and as a result of these two occurrences, Loveisamyth was able to obtain the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor.

Chris Alford, driver of Loveisamyth, was questioned regarding the reasons for Loveisamyth obtaining the position in advance of Islandspecialmajor passing the 1900m and further, his reasons for directing Loveisamyth out to improve three wide without cover approaching the 1100m. Mr Alford explained that he was instructed by connections to drive Loveisamyth forward at the start however, the gelding failed to begin as quickly as anticipated and due to runners drawn to his inside showing superior speed Loveisamyth was caught three wide during the early stages. Mr Alford explained mindful of the instructions issued by connections, he directed Loveisamyth out three wide to improve when runners drawn behind commenced to improve forward. This matter was adjourned to allow Stewards the opportunity to review the explanations tendered by Mr Duggan and Mr Alford and review any other relevant matter.

Both horses are from the Lilley stable so the above is the long form of saying that they were 'team driving' and suggesting it was always Alford's role to cart Duggan's horse up
    This will be a real test of our integrity as it involves our leading driver

The other strange one at this meet was R3 where Ryan Duffy chose not to use the sprint lane and copped 4 weeks for this brain freeze

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=MX120718

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...X120718&ms=vic
    It has been 3 weeks now - has anybody seen a result for the Adjourned Inquiry?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rackemup Tigerpie received a QIP for his win at Melton
    LOL he had won 2 of his previous 3 starts
    After tonight's win he has won 4 of his last 6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Think you might be being a bit harsh Kev, it won a $20k race tonight at better then 40 to 1, it's three previous wins were in a $5k and 2 $7k races at much much shorter odds. One of its defeats was at more then 50 to 1 in a $15k race. I think the punters probably think it improved tonight too.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So Dot, you and the stewards incorrectly thought that Tigerpie was not a winning chance/only making up the numbers.
    What if he got a dream run and the race was more or less an 800m sprint
    The defeat you talk about (4 starts ago before a freshen up) was not a shocker (beaten 10m) and included a $1.30 pop who made last night's favourite 2nd pick at $4.40. That race was a mere 400m sprint so you are not going to make ground from back in the field when they finish in 26.8. Tigerpie came out at the same track at its very next start and rated 3.3 secs faster over a slightly longer trip
    Odds have little to do with it but did you notice that he was 5th favourite last night

I think he drew well and got a dream run which helped him get up in a 4way go
    I still say the QIP was ridiculous - and should not be something stewards do to appease disappointed punters
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Must have been a very quiet night in the Stewards Room and they needed something to do to justify the tea and bikkies!

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    So Dot, you and the stewards incorrectly thought that Tigerpie was not a winning chance/only making up the numbers.
    What if he got a dream run and the race was more or less an 800m sprint
    The defeat you talk about (4 starts ago before a freshen up) was not a shocker (beaten 10m) and included a $1.30 pop who made last night's favourite 2nd pick at $4.40. That race was a mere 400m sprint so you are not going to make ground from back in the field when they finish in 26.8. Tigerpie came out at the same track at its very next start and rated 3.3 secs faster over a slightly longer trip
    Odds have little to do with it but did you notice that he was 5th favourite last night

I think he drew well and got a dream run which helped him get up in a 4way go
    I still say the QIP was ridiculous - and should not be something stewards do to appease disappointed punters
    No Kev I never think any horse is just making up the numbers and no chance of winning, just all horses chances are proportional to a combination of ability and circumstances in running. It isn't me that focus's on fast times and track records, I always say they are pretty meaningless without the context of the race. Beaten runs can often be far superior performance to that of the winner. The winner is often the horse that gets the advantage in running. Glad to see your watching races Kev not just looking at times, take a look at the 2yo at Pinjarra last week, the mark goes to a very good ARRD colt but the run of the race was the unheralded leader for an example.

Wasn't it you Kev in another thread said that we are a business? Doesn't that mean we should take care of the needs and expectations of our clients, the punters? Even if that means appeasing them at times?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am shocked Dot - you mean the winner is not always the best run in the race!
    Now I understand why the same horse does not win every time

I started a thread on Outstanding Times - does that mean I only follow fast times?
    On that reckoning I would only follow Fast horses with Brilliant names that are Well Related and are either Long Odds or Odds On
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    And who knows Kev, you might turn a tidy profit on the punt doing so! Though I think Paul's plan to bet against odds on favs produced by other then the top three stables on betfair is the better strategy.

Closed Thread