Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Terrible internet in Mapleton and I can't download the replay of race 5 - can anybody tell me why there is an adjourned inquiry for Exciteusinthecity?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They cannot be great tacticians our Stewards
    Kate Gath got a QDT from the Stewards
    While the story is:
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ve-ends-in-a-W

"Endsino became a two-time Group 1 winner tonight at Tabcorp Park Melton courtesy of a stellar Kate Gath drive in the Empire Stallions Vicbred Super Series Trotting Mares Final for harness racing four-year-olds.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lately the Results are often missing Tk Rating - I think this falls under the Steward's umbrella
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Stewards must not have wanted to go home at Melton on Friday night
    The Stewards report after the last included:

Mr Justice was also questioned regarding the tactics adopted on Real Lucky NZ during the middle stages after the colt led and maintained a significant distance in front of the main body of the field. Mr Justice explained that after driving forward after the start and establishing the lead racing into the first turn, he then elected to maintain that advantage racing towards the back straight on the first occasion. Mr Justice added that after attempting to ease Real Lucky NZ slightly approaching the 1600m, the colt resented this and he therefore continued to allow Real Lucky NZ to stride comfortably in the lead. Mr Justice further explained that during the middle stages he maintained a consistent tempo and he felt that the main body of the field had the opportunity to improve closer behind his drive, however failed to do so. Mr Justice further added that over the latter stages he then asked Real Lucky NZ to quicken, particularly approaching the 400m, before the colt was narrowly beaten by a half head into 2nd place. Mr Justice further put forward that although he led the field by some distance during the early and middle stages, the sectional times recorded were not overly fast. After considering the explanation tendered and reviewing the sectional times recorded, Stewards noted that the lead time was recorded in 45.6 seconds, only 0.4 seconds quicker than the average lead time for this distance, that the first quarter was recorded in 30.1 seconds and the second quarter in 29.7 seconds. Stewards determined that although Real Lucky had led by some distance during the early and middle stages of the race, the sectional times recorded, especially in this class of race, were not indicative of Mr Justice rating Real Lucky NZ in an unreasonable manner. Based on this, Stewards considered that the tactics adopted and especially the sectional times recorded were not supportive of Mr Justice failing to afford Real Lucky NZ the opportunity to finish the race off in a competitive manner, which was ultimately reflective in the final finishing position of Real Lucky NZ when that colt was narrowly beaten into 2nd place.

A lot of hoo haa about nothing (surely they had looked at the sectionals before wasting Lance's time)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Protest at Bendigo Last Night

Interesting video after a protracted protest hearing in the second race, the 2yo at Bendigo last night.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC02081607

Michael Bellman winning driver received a caution for shifting ground, but retained the race.

Gavin Lang's drive to finiish second, and protest unsuccessfully, earned a chain of at least 12 references in the stewwards comments .
    Last edited by Adaptor; 08-03-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am going to try and remember to read them this season
    Of interest so far
    Mildura R5 Sep2 must look out for adjourned inquiry as stewards not convinced by Mr Devcic's answers - a suggestion of team driving

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=vic

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MLC02091601
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=vic

From the Yarra Valley report for R6

Chris Alford, driver of Omy Son, was questioned regarding his tactics and in particular his decision to move to the inside of runners rounding the home turn on the final occasion rather than follow the eventual winner Chivilcoy NZ. Driver Alford reported that he felt Omy Son was not travelling well enough at that stage to race wider on the track and he elected to move to the inside as he felt that Knocked Off Early, which was racing in the one out position, would give ground allowing him to make an inside run and gain clear running around the leader Mister Oz in the home straight. When this did not eventuate as the leader Mister Oz and Knocked Off Early continued to race on at this point of the race he was placed in a held up position for a short period of time until he was able to obtain clear running at the 200m. Omy Son broke without interference shortly after entering the straight. After considering driver Alford’s explanation stewards issued him with a caution for his lack of judgment at this point of the race.

He thought the $6 pop that was racing in the 1x1 would tire but was happy to run up behind the $122 pop who had led?

I certainly would question his lack of judgement!

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#YGC05091606
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see a QDT next to Jo An Leonie after R3 at Bendigo, I will await the Stewards Report to find out why David Moran was not interested in the sprint lane

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC09091610
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I see a QDT next to Jo An Leonie after R3 at Bendigo, I will await the Stewards Report to find out why David Moran was not interested in the sprint lane

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC09091610
    David Moran, driver of Jo An Leoni, was questioned in relation to his decision approaching the home turn to direct his drive from behind the leader, Wilma, into a one out position following Dolly Mach Lombo prior to the sprint lane becoming available. Mr Moran explained that prior to him directing his drive to a one wide position, Wilma appeared to be under significant pressure and that Dolly Mach Lombo, which was racing to its outside, appeared to be travelling better. Mr Moran added that he was of the opinion that he would be able to gain more momentum by shifting wider on the track rather than being held up and waiting for the sprint lane to become available. Mr Moran further explained that it also appeared that Dolly Mach Lombo had a tendency to hang out and he was of the belief that he may have gained a clear run between that runner and Wilma due to Dolly Mach Lombo’s racing manners. However John Caldow (Dolly Mach Lombo) was able to maintain his position to the outside of Wilma, resulting in Jo An Leonie being held up in the early stages of the home straight and rounding the home turn. In assessing the explanation given by Mr Moran and also their own observations Stewards could not be satisfied that by Mr Moran directing his drive into a one wide position that it was to the detriment of his chances and were satisfied that by doing this he was able to gain some momentum prior to gaining clear running. Stewards could not be further satisfied that by electing to remain trailing Wilma that this would advantage Mr Moran to a better position and therefore recorded his comments. Stewards intend to view the betting related to this event.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=BN090916

I must remember Chairman of the panel, Nathan Moy, if this is the best he can do
    How could the stewards NOT be satisfied that remaining behind Wilma and using the sprint lane would have advantaged Mr Moran when they say that the actions he did take "resulted in Jo An Leonie being held up in the early stages of the home straight" - you do not get held up if you use the sprint lane

and then LOL they say they "intend to view the betting related to this event" WHY? You have just finished telling us you have no concerns with the drive

There is also no mention of the fumbling he seemed to be doing when he did get clear and I have seen better efforts in a pony trot

SERIOUSLY

(and NO, I did not have a bet)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I must remember Chairman of the panel, Nathan Moy, if this is the best he can do
    How could the stewards NOT be satisfied that remaining behind Wilma and using the sprint lane would have advantaged Mr Moran when they say that the actions he did take "resulted in Jo An Leonie being held up in the early stages of the home straight" - you do not get held up if you use the sprint lane

and then LOL they say they "intend to view the betting related to this event" WHY? You have just finished telling us you have no concerns with the drive

There is also no mention of the fumbling he seemed to be doing when he did get clear and I have seen better efforts in a pony trot

SERIOUSLY

(and NO, I did not have a bet)
    Had your angry pants on with this one Kev?

On face value, the evidence on the night, I'd agree with the stewards decision but would be prudent to look into the betting that wasn't at their disposal on the night.

A key point of D Moran's submission was he was able to gain some momentum prior to gaining clear running. He didn't want to be holding his horse back waiting for the sprint lane to become available whilst the eventual winner stole a march on him and was heading for home under full steam. Hard to tell by the footage but the winner, before the sprint lane, may have gained a neck/half length on him and not many 3yo fillies can explode like Quinny once the brakes are released at the top of the straight.
    Always looks different when a horse gets out late, having not expended the energy the others have, making it look like it may have won.
    Another 20 bucks on one of three horses would have seen the favouritism change, 3/1...4/1 fave sounds right, not 1.80 stand out. Did you notice any betting fluctuations either way Kev?
    At the finish line the winner seemed to be holding D Moran's filly, so whether his filly had peaked or the winner was still full of running, don't know if he was going to catch her.

I couldn't see much difference in the form/trial performances of the 1st and 2nd fillies and from memory the form analysis gave the winner a good chance.
    Not sure if D Moran is ever flambouyant in his whip use, and you also need to consider the penalty structure for whip use these days. Not just the rules on the day but where a driver might be at with their 28 day reset.
    Looked like it was a pretty experienced stewards panel supporting the Chairman on the night.

Closed Thread