Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Remember When

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Well done Kyle
    I'm sure your efforts will create a lot of interest and conversations.The large display at Boort for their 125 created a lot of interest and great conversations.
    Boort Club had created a display including many old racebooks, and a lot of Bill McKay, Butterworth, Hando and Robertson memories.
    Bendigo HRC took colours and sulkies to Boort and it was great how so many so many participants including stewards, current and former trainers and drivers stopped to look and chat. They even re-named the back straight as the Grand Voyage Back Straight.

How many different drivers did Macaree have? I am told that Tommy Allen started him off...is that correct?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Hi Noel - not sure how many drivers he had. I have a scrapbook they did of his career which would have that in it but that is at the display at present. Will get a photo of the display for those who cannot attend.

Nev Gath won plenty of races with him, Don Dove, perhaps Neville Welsh and numerous others. He did race plenty of times!

By the way - one for you to look at. I believe this is the old Bendigo Lord's Raceway track before they "swapped sides" but you will know more than me.

Footage from 1978 - looks like Channel 7 did a direct telecast this night for Penthouse Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCA...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Well done Kyle
    I'm sure your efforts will create a lot of interest and conversations.The large display at Boort for their 125 created a lot of interest and great conversations.
    Boort Club had created a display including many old racebooks, and a lot of Bill McKay, Butterworth, Hando and Robertson memories.
    Bendigo HRC took colours and sulkies to Boort and it was great how so many so many participants including stewards, current and former trainers and drivers stopped to look and chat. They even re-named the back straight as the Grand Voyage Back Straight.

How many different drivers did Macaree have? I am told that Tommy Allen started him off...is that correct?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Trots from the 70's - a race from Cranbourne in 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r3dgm_QNkg

Junior Member Yearling PremiumEdition will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Berryman
    Hi Noel, I think C Mance had a lot of training of Macaree, however late in his career Howard Taylor won a lot of races on him as well, from memory I think he won a race from 60yds behind scratch with Howard at the reins. He was certainly a tough horse to say the least. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread