Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nonno Medoro just hitting his straps at 11

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Hi Glen, are the race summaries a table like HRA's 'Horses Racing Performance' tab which lists every start for a horse? If HRA would do the right thing and recognize the importance of the trainer (more so than the driver) one would be able to scan down a column to see whenever a horse changed stables.

ps I will have to re-register for Harnessweb if so.
    It is Kevin. It has more active links however, as you can click on a trainer and get their details and future engaged horses etc.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    It is Kevin. It has more active links however, as you can click on a trainer and get their details and future engaged horses etc.
    Thanks Glen - it certainly is an improvement but wouldn't it be nice if there was a Trainer column in the Performance Summary.
    I guess I will just have to click on the race code for any race where there has been a change of driver to see if there has been a change of trainer too
    Got me beat however that the Drivers are considered more important than the Trainer and get their own column in the performance summary
    Cheers Mate

ps Would you agree that it would be more user friendly if the performance summary begun with most recent start but the Last Page button is a godsend
    Last edited by Messenger; 09-24-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL just noticed that when he won first up for 4yrs in June 2013, the stewards queried the run. WTF aren't you allowed to bring a horse to the races ready to run. Paid $52.80
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    LOL just noticed that when he won first up for 4yrs in June 2013, the stewards queried the run. WTF aren't you allowed to bring a horse to the races ready to run. Paid $52.80
    The sort of thing stipes do Kev..... about 5 years ago, we took a mare that hadn't raced for over 3 years to the races and they got the vet to check the horse out while it was standing in the raceday stables!!!! Poor vet what was he supposed to do there?? I just told him to go and back her 'cos I thought she could win, which she duly did at just under $40 !!! yeehaa, vet never said anything but he had a smile on his face next time I saw him!

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    Vet checking a horse that hasn't started for 6 months or longer always amuses because I am yet to see the stewards vet check a 7 or 8 year old debutante! Seems inconsistent to me.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The sort of thing stipes do Kev..... about 5 years ago, we took a mare that hadn't raced for over 3 years to the races and they got the vet to check the horse out while it was standing in the raceday stables!!!! Poor vet what was he supposed to do there?? I just told him to go and back her 'cos I thought she could win, which she duly did at just under $40 !!! yeehaa, vet never said anything but he had a smile on his face next time I saw him!
    Love it Dan. I googled for a happy vet pic and now I am going to go off at a tangent. I always loved 'All Creatures Great And Small' and my google search produced this pic.
    I was disappointed when Lynda Bellingham replaced Carol Drinkwater as Helen Herriot - now I can see it was really wardrobe who was to blame!
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Teecee is going to chastise me for derailing threads (but I did start the thread Tony) but for those of you struggling to remember the characters (and anyone under 50!)
    Here is Lynda and Carol in costume
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson

Ooh dear we are giving a lot away now.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Love it Dan. I googled for a happy vet pic and now I am going to go off at a tangent. I always loved 'All Creatures Great And Small' and my google search produced this pic.
    I was disappointed when Lynda Bellingham replaced Carol Drinkwater as Helen Herriot - now I can see it was really wardrobe who was to blame!
    Damn!!!!!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Ooh dear we are giving a lot away now.
    A bit sexist I know Toni, but when that image came up in a google search for happy vet, I wondered what it could have to do with happy vet - you could have blown me over with a feather when I read that she had played Helen Herriot
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread