Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nonno Medoro just hitting his straps at 11

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Nonno Medoro just hitting his straps at 11

I am thinking that it may have been appropriate that Nonno Medoro, recently turned 11yo, won The Stawell Vet Clinic Pace yesterday. I am guessing he may have notched up a few vet bills in his lifetime.

Unraced until 4yo when he had 4 starts before racing only once as a late 5yo followed by a spell of 4yrs. He won his comeback R0 race at his only 9yo start. He then had 8mths off before commencing his 10yo season this year when he had 10 starts including a win and now yesterdays win as an 11yo in only his 18th start

I reckon owner/trainer G.R. Barton might deserve a bit of success

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...TOKEN=46528620
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    I reckon hes got to be the family pet Kevin bet they are still smiling won in 59 by 11 meters well placed.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    That's a bit of time there

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    Gary Barton only bought Nonno Medoro in the last few months, found this after coin a bit of Googling! http://www.standard.net.au/story/237...t-for-victory/ ... If the link doesn't work Google- Nonno Medoro Gary Barton.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Steve. This is yet again an example of how inexplicable it is that when you do a HRA horse search and check their performances - you will know who drove it every start but not who trained it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Having contacted HRA about it a couple of times - I know they are not too interested in correcting this anomaly
    AND I cannot even get a reply from the Vic Trainers & Owners Association to see if they care
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Plunge Punter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Stevenson
    Occupation
    Punter
    I would love to see I site for harness racing like the thoroughbred industry has with Punter's Paradise (Punters.com.au). Even though this is privately run it is a brilliant site.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Steve. This is yet again an example of how inexplicable it is that when you do a HRA horse search and check their performances - you will know who drove it every start but not who trained it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Having contacted HRA about it a couple of times - I know they are not too interested in correcting this anomaly
    AND I cannot even get a reply from the Vic Trainers & Owners Association to see if they care
    Use Harnessweb instead Kevin (http://harnessweb.harness.org.au/harnessweb/index.do). The race summaries give driver and trainer details.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hi Glen, are the race summaries a table like HRA's 'Horses Racing Performance' tab which lists every start for a horse? If HRA would do the right thing and recognize the importance of the trainer (more so than the driver) one would be able to scan down a column to see whenever a horse changed stables.

ps I will have to re-register for Harnessweb if so.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Plunge Punter View Post
    Gary Barton only bought Nonno Medoro in the last few months, found this after coin a bit of Googling! http://www.standard.net.au/story/237...t-for-victory/ ... If the link doesn't work Google- Nonno Medoro Gary Barton.
    I just watched the race Steve (that convinced Gary Barton to buy NM)
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#CHC12061404
    He should definitely have had the protest upheld but unlike his new trainer I think the wheel lock only cost him 2m not 20m (see story)

ps I hope all the locals that would have been on him at Terang but ran last when he was favourite the night of that article, buttered up for the Stawell victory
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just noticed he is going around again in the last at Hamilton today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread