Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who Will Be The Next "Peoples" Favorite Horse?

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I spruiked it a long, long time ago!

Tonight proved that the many, so called, experts are a mainly ignorant and lazy. I mean, how hard is it to get on the HRNZ website and watch her races? Darren Clayton didn't rate her and predicted she would be 1x5 at the bell. Forget how she flew out from 3 a fortnight ago before dropping in behind Krug for an identical win. Didn't even mention her. Copy That gets plenty of press, Amazing Dream has raced against him 7 times now. Copy That has beaten her twice, both when leading in $100k Group One 4 Year olds.

Amazing Dream has beaten him in the other five, four of them Group One races worth $200k or more. They were The Rising Sun, tonight's Blacks A Fake (Natalie will be over the moon tonight), the 3200 metre Auckland Cup from the stand and the Northern Derby over 2700 metres. She ran straight past Copy That in the Cup and gave him more than 12 lengths before doing the same in the Derby in NZ record time. She was the first filly to win that race in 45 years.

Tonight was her 9th Group One win on top of her two NZ sales series wins. The past two NZ Cup Day appearances would rate as the runs of the meeting.

Hopefully, she will now get the respect she has well and truly earned. Perhaps it is her physical appearance that makes her fly under the radar. Her previous owner once related that if you walked into the All Stars Stables looking for this star filly you would probably walk past her 8 times before giving up!

I admit to fearing her new connections may have been a bit too ambitious taking her to Brisbane after a long and arduous campaign. Their first big risk was offering huge money for her in the first place. They are being handsomely rewarded for their risk. Good on them!

The thoroughbred industry in Australia in the 20th century has had three incredible mares as its flag bearers; Maybe Diva, Black Caviar and Winx. The trots? Well, she is a great story and should be publicised at every opportunity. I'm tipping the lazy media will harp on about King of Swing breaking and, at the end of the story, state the race was won by outsider Amazing Dream". Hope I am wrong but leopards don't change their spots.

I never do this but tonight I will make an exception. I TOLD YOU SHE WAS A BLOODY LITTLE RIPPER!!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ladies In Red back tonight
    She has had 8mths off but resumed her dominance coming home in 55 flat

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BAC02092104
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Magnificent Storm too good for Minstrel

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#GPM03092103
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    King Of Swing had probably only reached the status of many People's Favourite in the last couple of months but now he is retiring. Understandably so but he has actually only raced on the East Coast for 26mths

Bondi Lockdown could be it but he will have some tough opposition
    Spirit Of St Louis has the name and the ability

It is going to be most interesting to see Ladies In Red in Open ranks
    Better Eclipse, 3rd in the MM from a horror draw and he has only been racing for 16mths
    Leap To Fame could be anything

Maybe the King's half sis Bettor Twist might be a surprise package

There are some incredible horses over in WA but they're not coming over here - they don't need to

Who have I forgotten?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Just be patient Kev, something will come along. There are many false prophets out there - Ride High still being an Inter "hopeful" being a prime example, Lochinvar Art "needing a spell" the day after its trainer / driver is found guilty of multiple charges being another. Spirit of St Louis has not put a hoof wrong in the new season, I am sure he'll be back in NZ for The Race on April 11. Akuta is clearly the next big thing in NZ but is only three.

Watch and wait.

+ Reply to Thread