Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Judgement and no action

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Lets see what the stewards report delivers after the last at Menangle today. Same players, different horse " My Mustang" a C4, even money favorite.....lead time 25.7 finishes 5th.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Lets see what the stewards report delivers after the last at Menangle today. Same players, different horse " My Mustang" a C4, even money favorite.....lead time 25.7 finishes 5th.
    What would the stewards be querying about the run?
    Fantastic effort to only puncture in the last 50m after running that time for the first Q
    Stood down pending a vets cert?!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Kevin, you don't think such a fast lead time for a horse of that grade would have some effect on the result of the race.
    Maybe (1) Gas the horse
    (2) Not allow it to finish in the best possible position, it was even money favorite
    or (3) More judgement of pace shown by the driver.
    Punters will soon leave if their tickets are confetti in a first quarter suicide

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Lauren, is the "best thing" to happen to Harness Racing in a long time! Every time she goes out, you know exactly what you are going to get.....the tank will normally be almost empty. What more could you ask for???
    The race in question, it was just one where circumstances did not play her way, she was just unable to clear them quickly enough out of the gate, and also Heza Presidente & Heres Rommell were under her horse, sorting out who was going to get behind her in the run. It just took longer to get the front, and hence the fast 1st Q.
    Next you back off the speed, but you need to be careful or you may run fowl of the stewards for too slow a sectional and get a fine!
    If she drew inside them, the 1st quarter more than likely would have been much slower, as she holds the lead in 50 metres.
    This race also invokes the question of the part that notification of "Change of Tactics" brings into a race........there was a COTFF declared for RR in this race, therefore, any trainer/driver with some thought could have worked out let's get behind the leader.....best place to be if RR is going forward!
    This rules waves a big "red flag" in front of rivals in a race, to therefore adjust or modify their tactics to the "highly publicised" intentions of their competition.
    At RR's previous start, draws barrier 10, 1st Q 26.5 outside the leader, different driver, finished last..... but less than 6 metres from the winner! Why wouldn't you go forward at your next start, especially, if you could be in front!
    Moreover, RR started 8/1 from the outside barrier...........always a risk from there, you take the odds to it from out there! Some say she should have gone back when she contested for the lead unsuccessfully to give her horse a chance??? That is rubbish, as the 2 horses under RR early, and then 2 & 3 fence in the run, both beat her home anyway!
    You would think we were talking about the 2/1 on favourite!
    Get over it....she had a go from the outside barrier, it did not work, RR was not the best credentialed runner in the race anyway, she should be admired for "having a go!"
    Go Lauren, they all forget you drove a Group 1 Breeeders Crown winner to an all the way win in August.
    (For the record, I have never met, spoken to, texted, twitter etc to Lauren in my life......)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Kevin, you don't think such a fast lead time for a horse of that grade would have some effect on the result of the race.
    Maybe (1) Gas the horse
    (2) Not allow it to finish in the best possible position, it was even money favorite
    or (3) More judgement of pace shown by the driver.
    Punters will soon leave if their tickets are confetti in a first quarter suicide
    I would have hoped you did not think I am stupid Bailey. Of course I know all those things BUT it seems to me that they are querying the horses performance NOT the drive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    For a lead time of 25.7, and the mile in 1:52.9, and to be only beaten 10 metres.........what a great run! Maybe she could have pulled back and got behind Drawing Away or press on for the lead? Toss a coin to see which way you go!.... both of these horses went great. My Mustang led at it's previous run, winning in 1:55.5 at Newcastle, not bad.
    Once again the tactics were to get the lead.....You know what you are going to get! You hold them out at your peril, or take a bit of sting out of them before handing over.....it's a fine line sometimes!
    Maybe, both teams thought they could win that race.....caused the competition for the lead........gee, people actually being competitive in a race!............wow!
    I like it!

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    When question in regards to her drive and the performance of MY MUSTANG NZ, driver L PANELLA advised although her first sectional was quick and the horse worked hard early, it is a big horse and it can be difficult to drive and in her opinion easing the horse at that stage would be detrimental to its performance. She stated the horse is yet to better 29 seconds for the final sectional and was not overly disappointed in its run considering the step up in class. A post race veterinary examination of the horse found it to be stepping short with slight lameness in the left hind leg. Trainer S TRITTON was advised a veterinary clearance would be required prior to the horse racing again.
    If connections are aware that this horse can not get home in a sub 29 quarter why would anyone be running an attacking sub 26 first quarter?

Giving the horse every chance to win? Why is this accepted by the stewards?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    When you race you horse upside down, the slowest quarter will generally be the last one! If they believe that it cannot better 29 for the last quarter, they are obviously trying to gas the other horses chasing, or hope they have to big a lead to be caught!
    I don't agree with the horse can't run a last quester quicker than 29, if you go slow enough, a snail can run home in 28! If you can run a quarter in 25. 7 out of the gate, given a sit in a "normally" run race, I think you would run quicker than 29 on Menangle. Give it a "cuddle" run and we will see!
    The horse must be a speedy 1200 metre horse, keep it in mind for the Flying K series!
    It reminds me of some of my old favourite horses from the standing start days!........Captain Gay & Tiny Rebel!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    When question in regards to her drive and the performance of MY MUSTANG NZ, driver L PANELLA advised although her first sectional was quick and the horse worked hard early, it is a big horse and it can be difficult to drive and in her opinion easing the horse at that stage would be detrimental to its performance. She stated the horse is yet to better 29 seconds for the final sectional and was not overly disappointed in its run considering the step up in class. A post race veterinary examination of the horse found it to be stepping short with slight lameness in the left hind leg. Trainer S TRITTON was advised a veterinary clearance would be required prior to the horse racing again.

Where did you find this Toni?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    In stewards report. Reports are up for menangle on tuesday maitland on saturday so no excuse for Newcastle on Friday not being up.

+ Reply to Thread