Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Poor Judgement and no action

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Maybe the stewards should have a closer look at this matter, I have been made aware of an incident that happened 12 months ago, in fact the 2013 running of the Newcastle Mile in November. There was an adjourned inquiry after the race, the result of that inquiry appeared sometime later in a Menangle report. The result reads:

RACE 7 THE NEWCASTLE MILE
    Ms L Panella plead guilty to a charge pursuant to Rule 163(1)(a) in that between the 1400 and the 1200 metres she placed undue pressure on BEAUTIDE resulting in that horse making contact with marker pegs and racing rough when being restrained to avoid her sulky wheel. L Panella was suspended for a period of 14 days which will commence at midnight on 14 December 2013 the conclusion of a previous suspension and expire at midnight 28 December 2013.

Maybe this young lady has to curb her killer instinct and act a lot safer in races. Not our pin up girl with this history.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Maybe the stewards should have a closer look at this matter, I have been made aware of an incident that happened 12 months ago, in fact the 2013 running of the Newcastle Mile in November. There was an adjourned inquiry after the race, the result of that inquiry appeared sometime later in a Menangle report. The result reads:

RACE 7 THE NEWCASTLE MILE
    Ms L Panella plead guilty to a charge pursuant to Rule 163(1)(a) in that between the 1400 and the 1200 metres she placed undue pressure on BEAUTIDE resulting in that horse making contact with marker pegs and racing rough when being restrained to avoid her sulky wheel. L Panella was suspended for a period of 14 days which will commence at midnight on 14 December 2013 the conclusion of a previous suspension and expire at midnight 28 December 2013.

Maybe this young lady has to curb her killer instinct and act a lot safer in races. Not our pin up girl with this history.

That was to go with the 4 weeks she copped from the 1st race that same night.

Junior Member Weanling apexguy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tony Webb
    Horses
    Celine Castle, Stone of Destiny, Come ou
    All horses in the stable seemed to lose a leg last night, not a single placing and most were gone and dropping out at the 400 metres. Anything mentioned in the stewards reports?

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The constant critique of her driving is getting old.

You guys are MIA when she's driving winner after winner ... yet a night or two without one and you're all over her.

She wanted the lead last night and had a serious dip for it. The 5 weeks is a joke.

As for whether or not she's the pin up girl for the industry, she should be.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post

You guys are MIA when she's driving winner after winner ... yet a night or two without one and you're all over her.

She wanted the lead last night and had a serious dip for it. The 5 weeks is a joke.

The problem Bob is that leading she's fine, if she can't get it, a lot of the time she's a menace.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post

I hope you are talking with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek Harold. The criticism is based on the amount of interference she causes in big races, not the amount or lack of success. Maybe someone more proficient than me can pull up the replay of the Carousel where she butchered her own chances and cruelled a few others. The Newcastle Mile where she tightened up Beautide has been mentioned. The ID where she ended the career of I'm Victorious. Miracle Mile where she tried to unseat a driver and possibly lame her own horse. There are many more cases that could be added to the list, but that is enough for now. I have told my own daughter that if she ever drives like her, she won't be driving ours anymore and we don't have horses that are 1/10th the quality this girl gets to sit behind.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Couldn't agree more Bailey.

Regarding last nights race, I believe the Avonnova camp should also be hanging their heads.
    I can't believe everybody is coming down on Lauren, she saw an opportunity at the start to cross and "perhaps" get the lead, she was ahead od Avonnova at the time, and Avonnova's driver decided to kick up in the middle for some strange reason............he could have had behind the leader or 1-1, if SL raced outside, or outside the lead if SSL got the lead............where else would Avonnova want to be???...........as soon as the driver of Avonnova saw that SSL was not crossing he grabbed hold just as Lauren saw the opportunity to get behind the lead and went for it............honestly, it was a great drive by Lauren.......given the circumstances that unfolded!............I wrote in the MM thread that Avonnova tactics should have been heading for behind the leader at all costs anyway...........IMO Avonnova was driven poorly.......after being outsped at the start decided it was time for "kamikaze" tactics to kick up, for what purpose??...........and in doing so, not giving itself every chance at getting a bigger share of the prizemoney!! Avonnova's team were clearly aware they were not getting the lead from EOTE if it held the lead, they did not even come out within half a length of it!

They did not take into account the bigger picture..............Christen Me, Beautide and Guaranteed lurking behind him?

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Haven't watched a replay of the race but from memory I don't think behind EOTE was ever going to be the ideal spot in the race, he didn't look like he was ever going to be the horse to take anyone into the race, slowest mile rate in the race. Yes Avonnova went too hard at start but you could ask why didn't EOTE want the sit on Avonnova?

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I can't believe everybody is coming down on Lauren, she saw an opportunity at the start to cross and "perhaps" get the lead, she was ahead od Avonnova at the time, and Avonnova's driver decided to kick up in the middle for some strange reason............he could have had behind the leader or 1-1, if SL raced outside, or outside the lead if SSL got the lead............where else would Avonnova want to be???...........as soon as the driver of Avonnova saw that SSL was not crossing he grabbed hold just as Lauren saw the opportunity to get behind the lead and went for it............honestly, it was a great drive by Lauren.......given the circumstances that unfolded!............I wrote in the MM thread that Avonnova tactics should have been heading for behind the leader at all costs anyway...........IMO Avonnova was driven poorly.......after being outsped at the start decided it was time for "kamikaze" tactics to kick up, for what purpose??...........and in doing so, not giving itself every chance at getting a bigger share of the prizemoney!! Avonnova's team were clearly aware they were not getting the lead from EOTE if it held the lead, they did not even come out within half a length of it!

They did not take into account the bigger picture..............Christen Me, Beautide and Guaranteed lurking behind him?
    That isn't even being considered by me, they may have been questionable tactics, but that is what they wanted to do, so all OK. It is about 400 from home, when she allowed SSL to shift up the track and contact the wheel of Avonova. That is where the suspension came from and is the incident that I refer to as just plain silly driving.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    That isn't even being considered by me, they may have been questionable tactics, but that is what they wanted to do, so all OK. It is about 400 from home, when she allowed SSL to shift up the track and contact the wheel of Avonova. That is where the suspension came from and is the incident that I refer to as just plain silly driving.
    Agree, that was bad, very tight for room at the time..........I think she thought Avonnova was going 3W at the time, but there is no excuse, she needed to wait just a bit longer to see! I hope SSL is OK!

+ Reply to Thread