Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Poor Judgement and no action

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    In stewards report. Reports are up for menangle on tuesday maitland on saturday so no excuse for Newcastle on Friday not being up.
    That is right Toni but the reason doofus me asked, was me erronously thinking that report you quoted was from Newcastle
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    All we want is consistent rulings.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Is it only me or is any body else sick and tired of seeing Seel N Print being positioned last or tucked away on the rails near last. If this is how this horse races then I would think that a New Zealand Cup campaign would be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 10-12-2014 at 05:38 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Is it only me or is any body else sick and tired of seeing Seal N Print being positioned last or tucked away on the rails near last. If this is how this horse races then I would think that a New Zealand Cup campaign would be a waste of time.
    They won't be getting home in 27.2 and 27.1 in a NZ Cup which brings Seel N Print style right back into it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Is it only me or is any body else sick and tired of seeing Seel N Print being positioned last or tucked away on the rails near last. If this is how this horse races then I would think that a New Zealand Cup campaign would be a waste of time.
    What about in the NZ free For All, S'N'P led easily, gave up the lead got shuffled back...........did not run on!.........maybe that's why they normally restrain at the start!.........I think that maybe the travel, plus his form has been tapering off in recent runs, and therefore really needs a spell or freshen up!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    When I started this thread, my concern was the judgement shown by the driver. After last nights MM maybe it should be directed to the stable. Both horses had no chance after 400m and the lead at all costs mentality must be questioned. Did these horses finish in their best possible positions? How do the owners feel?

On another note, only in March this year L. Panella got 8 weeks for careless driving in the Inter Final which finished the career of I'm Victorious. Then last night the same careless driving, this time into Avonova, thankfully no career ending injury but the stewards give her 5 weeks. These are the cream of the crop horses and this type of driving must stop and 5 weeks for a 2nd charge in 8months (with 2 months suspended from driving) is imo inconsistent policing.How can you get less the 2nd time both in Group1 races.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    totally agree bailey,six months would have been generous.....this driver has an attitude problem as to rules of race driving and a good long break from driving looking over the fence, i think,would do more good than therapy sessions.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    When I started this thread, my concern was the judgement shown by the driver. After last nights MM maybe it should be directed to the stable. Both horses had no chance after 400m and the lead at all costs mentality must be questioned. Did these horses finish in their best possible positions? How do the owners feel?

On another note, only in March this year L. Panella got 8 weeks for careless driving in the Inter Final which finished the career of I'm Victorious. Then last night the same careless driving, this time into Avonova, thankfully no career ending injury but the stewards give her 5 weeks. These are the cream of the crop horses and this type of driving must stop and 5 weeks for a 2nd charge in 8months (with 2 months suspended from driving) is imo inconsistent policing.How can you get less the 2nd time both in Group1 races.
    Couldn't agree more Bailey.

Regarding last nights race, I believe the Avonnova camp should also be hanging their heads.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    The 5 weeks is a joke, she all but killed 2 horses in the last 12 months, somehow didnt bring both fields down and now this.Got no idea how to drive in a field or push out. If this was the throughbreds she lose her metro licence,and be sent back to the trails
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 11-30-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    she lose her metro licence, and be sent back to the trials
    This is exactly what should happen. But whether the board/stewards have got the balls to do it is another matter.

What you do then is put conditions on her trial drives.
    (1) Do a significant number (don't state a figure) of satisfactory drives.
    (2) Must drive at tracks of different size (1400, 1000 & 800 metre tracks).
    (3) Must go back at the start and be in the one of the last two positions for the first half of the trial, and then make a forward move.
    (4) Must not cause any interference or she starts again at zero.
    (5) If she gets put back to zero a second time, her driving licence is cancelled.

This lead at all costs and knock 'em over mentality MUST stop.

+ Reply to Thread