Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Poor Judgement and no action

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    The constant critique of her driving is getting old.

You guys are MIA when she's driving winner after winner ... yet a night or two without one and you're all over her.

She wanted the lead last night and had a serious dip for it. The 5 weeks is a joke.

As for whether or not she's the pin up girl for the industry, she should be.
    I couldn't care less how many races she wins. The facts are at times she is reckless and a danger to other horses and drivers. I can't remember ever seeing 2 more dangerous and reckless things ever in harness racing, than what she did to lettucerockthem and im victorious. And she still can't get it, you don't push out by putting your wheel under another horse guts or by taking their front legs, or if people don't hand up the front to you, you tighten them up for room or drive into the back of them after the race.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    The constant critique of her driving is getting old.

You guys are MIA when she's driving winner after winner ... yet a night or two without one and you're all over her.

She wanted the lead last night and had a serious dip for it. The 5 weeks is a joke.

As for whether or not she's the pin up girl for the industry, she should be.
    I'm sure your just fishing for nibbles, but just so its clear driver got time for causing interference entering the straight the last time nothing to do with leaving the mobile.

Junior Member Foal ShaneRead will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    shane read
    Horses
    Im Victorious, VC Manouevere,
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    I couldn't care less how many races she wins. The facts are at times she is reckless and a danger to other horses and drivers. I can't remember ever seeing 2 more dangerous and reckless things ever in harness racing, than what she did to lettucerockthem and im victorious. And she still can't get it, you don't push out by putting your wheel under another horse guts or by taking their front legs, or if people don't hand up the front to you, you tighten them up for room or drive into the back of them after the race.
    jack gets it. bob doesnt.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Spot on Jack, right down to the last 10 words of your post!
    I wonder if Lauren reads this forum?
    in fact i wonder if as Shane Read said that "Jack gets it, Bob doesnt", i wonder if after this, another similar extremely dangerous incident, if Lauren gets it?
    Cos if you did, if you really did, and you really cared about animals, after especially the I'm Victorious scenario, you just wouldnt do it again, yet she could very well have severely injured her own horse SSL!!!
    Does she have an mentor?
    Do any young drivers these days have mentors?
    Maybe this could be an answer to all young drivers, a selection of long standing drivers/trainers/industry people who are highly respected but in their twilight years, who could have a quiet word in the ears of those who may need someone else to say to them that their behaviour just isnt right. So they dont just get rules and regs thrown at them in the Stewards room, but again a quiet word to say "listen thats just not right what you have done there, you have done it multiple times now and you really need to correct that behaviour"
    Whats everybodys thoughts?

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I believe it comes down to ones moral and ethical compass Ash. If she hasn't learnt from the I'm Victorious incident, and the others mentioned, then something is very wrong. Her punishments have been light IMO, so the deterrence in a legal tense is definitely not there. These are merely my opinions, & I hope I don't get banned, as I'm on my final warning...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're safe with us Ev - we will tell you when you are being naughty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I have been screaming this from the roof top for the last 12 months. The ego is bigger than the ability. The Newcastle Herald story about I have to look after myself shows through in the way she drives all day everyday.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Lauren obviously believes she's a better driver now.. Maybe she drove Stuey like she did is, because he's claustrophobic... Maybe she just wanted to try win no matter what, even though she knew she had no chance.. She needs to cool down before she does another IV situation or worse. That's it from me regarding Lauren. I wish her the best, & hope she realises what she has been doing.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/27...-miracle-mile/

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Spot on Jack, right down to the last 10 words of your post!
    I wonder if Lauren reads this forum?
    in fact i wonder if as Shane Read said that "Jack gets it, Bob doesnt", i wonder if after this, another similar extremely dangerous incident, if Lauren gets it?
    Cos if you did, if you really did, and you really cared about animals, after especially the I'm Victorious scenario, you just wouldnt do it again, yet she could very well have severely injured her own horse SSL!!!
    Does she have an mentor?
    Do any young drivers these days have mentors?
    Maybe this could be an answer to all young drivers, a selection of long standing drivers/trainers/industry people who are highly respected but in their twilight years, who could have a quiet word in the ears of those who may need someone else to say to them that their behaviour just isnt right. So they dont just get rules and regs thrown at them in the Stewards room, but again a quiet word to say "listen thats just not right what you have done there, you have done it multiple times now and you really need to correct that behaviour"
    Whats everybodys thoughts?
    Your comments are spot on!........mentoring is part of every day life in all walks of life these days..........no different here......most harness people are "bred" into the game, and there learnings and knowledge come from those families! Lauren would have enough people around her to assist with the mentoring!.........she has a "few skeletons" in the closet now.........so she really does need to re-assess her ability to firstly drive safely, and also to become a little bit more innovative when things don't go her way! She is obviously headstrong on winning and being highly competitive, but needs to look at not overdoing this competitiveness.........sometimes it is a very fine balance.
    I liken her to a young LLeyton Hewitt, who was arrogant and highly competitive...........most of the public did not like him to start with!.........he has matured to the point where he is a great commentator and more humble person.... looks like a good father..........his injuries have also mellowed his invincibleness....and he is more accepted totally by the masses.

Lauren does not want to lose her competitive nature, but does urgently need to re-assess this, as she is running out of time with the public, other trainers and drivers, and the stewards! She is having a holiday at present, and will have a chance to think this through, and take it on board, I expect her to come back bigger and better for the future!

+ Reply to Thread