Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Judgement and no action

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I wonder if there will be a COT this week? Reservation Road drawn wide again and change of driver. But going forward was best chance of winning last week. Maybe it was the drivers best chance of winning.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV- I've watched a lot of races over a lot of years and right now, off the top of my head I cannot think of so much as A SINGLE HORSE, be it Southern Hemisphere or Northern Hemisphere, that made it to the 1/4 in 25.8 (25 & 4/5ths) on the lead and lived to tell the story.
    by Northern Hemisphere, you mean QLD ? : )

Sub 26 in the US and Canada is very common and many do live to tell the story.

I have no problem with the drive. Heza Presidente (sub 26 as well ?) and Heres Rommel went with her early and finished 2nd and 3rd. They went out with a plan, made it public, executed that plan and it failed.

The horses these guys are bringing to Menangle are breaking the clock (trialling and racing) around Newcastle. They're rock hard fit and they drive them accordingly. They make racing at Menangle far more interesting.

24 years ago Westburn Grant and Thorate carved out a 26.2 around Harold Park. What would that equate to, 24 years later around Menangle ?
    Last edited by HaroldParker; 09-25-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watching it again it did not look that bad but as far as plans go, a bit of flexibility never hurt (unless you are playing bully and maybe that is the real reason for making it public?). Of course 2nd and 3rd had more right to finish off after taking sits
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    by Northern Hemisphere, you mean QLD ? : )

Sub 26 in the US and Canada is very common and many do live to tell the story.

I have no problem with the drive. Heza Presidente (sub 26 as well ?) and Heres Rommel went with her early and finished 2nd and 3rd. They went out with a plan, made it public, executed that plan and it failed.

The horses these guys are bringing to Harold Park are breaking the clock (trialling and racing) around Newcastle. They're rock hard fit and they drive them accordingly. They make racing at Menangle far more interesting.

24 years ago Westburn Grant and Thorate carved out a 26.2 around Harold Park. What would that equate to, 24 years later around Menangle ?
    Sub 26 is common in US and Canada as you say, so is sub 1.49 but only one horse has achieved that in our part of the world.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Sub 26 is common in US and Canada as you say, so is sub 1.49 but only one horse has achieved that in our part of the world.
    And if your not there at the finish what's the point in being first out if your last home, because that's the money part of any race.

Junior Member Weanling AllAboutArt will become famous soon enough AllAboutArt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam Muldoon
    Occupation
    bike sales
    Horses
    Burning Ambition,All About Art,DeliverdW
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    The girl cannot judge pace at all period.
    true

only good in front

in saying that she drive my horse once for one win 27.9,29.7,28.6,29.6 in front @ Newcastle
    Last edited by teecee; 09-25-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Horses travel for her. I think she's an exceptional talent and it was on display well before she hooked up with Shane Tritton when freelancing for numerous trainers. She's not doing a lot of driving away from Tritton at present which is surprising.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    When L Panella lines up on the front of any track she has only one strategy and that is to get to the lead in the quickest time possible. In the case of Shane Tritton's horses she is usually driving the superior horse in the race and the majority all capable of running fast sectionals making it look a lot easier than her exceptional talent suggests. When driving back in the field she is reduced to mediocrity.

Junior Member Foal Novo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Keith Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    When L Panella lines up on the front of any track she has only one strategy and that is to get to the lead in the quickest time possible. In the case of Shane Tritton's horses she is usually driving the superior horse in the race and the majority all capable of running fast sectionals making it look a lot easier than her exceptional talent suggests. When driving back in the field she is reduced to mediocrity.
    Hit's the nail square on the head.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    There's a lot more going on with her tactics than you guys give her credit for. She's one of the few drivers you watch and know for sure that she's done her form.

It was on display again last night.

+ Reply to Thread