Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Absurd suspension - Race 5 Melton 26/9-, watch the race, read the Stewards Report

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question Absurd suspension - Race 5 Melton 26/9-, watch the race, read the Stewards Report

How the Hell can Lance cop 3 weeks off for that???????????

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Watched it over and over from that view Jamie and, whilst a headon would be more graphic ( and the stipes would have had that view at their disposal) pretty sure Lance was the main contributor to the tightening but not the only contributor. The stipes quite rightly get stuck into you for tightening in the first furlong ( 200 metres for our younger readers) or so as this is where a lot of carnage comes from.

I think someone with Lances committments is a bit of a chance at getting that penalty reduced on appeal though.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Caused interference to four other runners, going into the first turn. If he doesn't get the lead easily it's a different race for his horse. Stewards report doesn't say of he entered a guilty plea or not , this can also affect the amount of time a driver can get.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I'm not sure after watching the replay a few times, that Asoka may have had a large impact on the tightening. Lance appears to stay wide of Asoka until he crossed.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't see it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    How the Hell can Lance cop 3 weeks off for that???????????
    And look at race 7, not the best night for Lance.

RACE 7 – GO SWANS PACE (1720 MS)
    The start of this race was delayed to avoid a clash with a Moonee Valley gallops race.
    Brookfield Ruler NZ (Brian Gath) pulled hard in the middle stages while racing outside the leader.
    Racing to the 500m, Classy Guy (Michael Stanley) raced roughly when shifted wider on the track in anticipation of The Baggy Green making a run three-wide. The Baggy Green failed to continue its move and Classy Guy raced roughly when restrained which inconvenienced Crazy Dave (Michael Bellman).
    Driver Lance Justice was found guilty of a charge under Rule 163(1)(a) which deals with causing interference in that racing around the home turn he shifted Machin Out up the track when not clear of Artoc NZ (Chris Alford) causing that horse to be checked by its driver and The Baggy Green (Laura Crossland), which was racing to the outside of Artoc, to also be checked by its driver. After considering submissions on penalty that included Mr Justice’s offence record, driving frequency and the level of interference, Mr Justice had his license to drive in race suspended for a period of two weeks that was deemed to be cumulative to the suspension incurred in Race 5 and to commence at a time to be fixed.

SO 5 weeks all up.........

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    I understand the frustration of this situation but it must be kept in perspective. He classes himself as a professional TRAINER and that is where his weekly earnings come from. Yes, yes, yes he earns money from driving but he is a professional trainer first and foremost and as such he will still get paid if he trains horses.

There is not a driver in the industry who has not said "I should not have been given time for that drive" we have all heard it said. But don't forget the times when the driver didn't get time when maybe they should have. As hard as it is to hear in life things happen sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don't. Swings and roundabouts.

I do not know the man and I do not live in Victoria.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...right-penalty-

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...right-penalty-

The above link which Toni provided quotes Lance's opinion of the powers to be and suggests they get in the real world. A critic of the industry's failure to promote champions he was going to pull the pin on his Smoken Up - Ballarat commitment but has thought better of it.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread