Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th

HRNSW Conditioned Racing

We are one month in to the new season. Is HRNSW's new conditioned racing working?
    No doubt that creating more competitive racing (and therefore less odds on favourites) should create better punting options and any method that can help do this deserves consideration. However does this work the opposite of what a trainer is paid to do - place each horse where it has the best chance of winning?
    Is there any middle ground that can help balance this out?
    Is it too early to tell?
    Does or has anyone got the stats to show if turnover is up and the average starting price of the favourite?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Norm at this early stage it's hard to give any real answers to those questions...however....ANYTHING that assists in revitalising our game is good by me, and that includes excluding certain participants that bring the "game" into disrepute. Personally I despise people who think they are bigger than the game and should get preferential treatment....NOT a fan of elitists.

Cheers,
    Dan.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    You would think that HRNSW would have an eye on the early figures. It would be good of they could publish them with a comparison for the same period for the last 1or 2 years.

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    That might be what you're looking for...

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...tvvideos/15907

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Frano1982 View Post
    That might be what you're looking for...

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...tvvideos/15907
    Thanks Adam, sounds like if we can hold our breath long enough they maybe perhaps might get the air hose connected again. Not sure about fields being full I keep getting text messages to say fields have been extended

Would have been nice if Mark Reid had said that HRNSW are going to consult with stake holders to see if they have any suggestions.........

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I thought it might be interesting to see if the Condition racing was helping the hobby trainer. For this example I chose a nice guy, known to many, no superstar trainer or driver for that matter but loves the sport. Peter Clark from Menangle Park and his horse Village Rebel. Whilst still a maiden after 15 starts, the facts are interesting.
    In the last 2 months of last season (July.August) Village Rebel had 5 starts with earning of $620.00
    In the first 2 months of the new season with Conditional racing, Village Rebel has had 6 starts earning $2,850.00

Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    I thought it might be interesting to see if the Condition racing was helping the hobby trainer. For this example I chose a nice guy, known to many, no superstar trainer or driver for that matter but loves the sport. Peter Clark from Menangle Park and his horse Village Rebel. Whilst still a maiden after 15 starts, the facts are interesting.
    In the last 2 months of last season (July.August) Village Rebel had 5 starts with earning of $620.00
    In the first 2 months of the new season with Conditional racing, Village Rebel has had 6 starts earning $2,850.00
    Every meeting in NSW this week had to extend nominations to get a meeting. Don't know anything about this horse but connections would be happy. Really need to have some idea of field class, mile rates and number of horses in races.

Very poor metro meeting today at Goulburn.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    After listening to media centre in a recent thread the whole thing sounds wishy washy with no firm program as such. No system will be liked by all. I must have been reading the wrong papers if they thinks they have full fields OPSM for me.
    Still getting the fair share of odds on favourites. I hope to have a horse racing in December then it will be up to my trainer to find a race for him 4YO first starter.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Goulburn had massive fields today !!!! and big prizemoney to !!!! its working give the system a go.....

+ Reply to Thread