Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people walking away from harness racing?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Why are people walking away from harness racing?

heres a bit of a heads up, look at Newcastle so far tonight, Race 1 for "C1" pacers....check out the lifetime and recent form of the horses in this race.....no wonder a C1 is nearly as hard to win as a C5....drop back clause, mares concessions and junior drivers concessions gone F...ing mad.....then!!!!!!! check out the fifth, geez I'd love to have the ability to improve horses that much in 3 or 4 days, super trainer! never seen anyone else that can do that so consistently.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That was a tough C1 Dan, the 4yo's were legit C1's with VG form but ran into that hot lot.
    As for a horse improving its best MR by over 4 seconds after a stable change this week - I don't know what to say
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    heres a bit of a heads up, look at Newcastle so far tonight, Race 1 for "C1" pacers....check out the lifetime and recent form of the horses in this race.....no wonder a C1 is nearly as hard to win as a C5....drop back clause, mares concessions and junior drivers concessions gone F...ing mad.....then!!!!!!! check out the fifth, geez I'd love to have the ability to improve horses that much in 3 or 4 days, super trainer! never seen anyone else that can do that so consistently.
    Fair go Dan, prior to tonights 1.55.5 it has run a previous best of 1.59.7. Its only improved over 4 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes Dan that's exactly why participants are walking away. We work all week and work/feed our horses before and after work to front up to this.

Horses should only get one let up either driver or sex not both. Why should old horses on the way down get advantages over young horses on the way up. They say breed foals, why when you can go and buy an 5-6 year old horse that has raced (all hard work done for you) and you know it can run. Put a junior driver on or give it a few runs and drop back a grade, junior back on and now your back two grades (three with a mare). Why breed from your mare just keep racing her, junior driver on mares drop back, wear her out and don't worry about breeding from her at all.

I am not even going to comment on rocket type improvements of some horses that have had over 50 race starts. How many improve over four seconds after that many starts. Please.................

Yes how indeed do you stop people from throwing their hands in the air and just walking away from the industry?

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th

Why are people walking away from harness racing

The cynic in me has to ask because the stewards’ results notes say that they didn’t: Newcastle Race 5, I would have a "Query Improved Performance" on #6 Our Orville NZ. On Monday 29-09-14 races at Tamworth is under hard driving from the 500m, gets run down in a 32.4 last ¼ (Mile rate 2:01.1 – 30.1, 30.1, 29.9, 32.4). Change trainer races at Newcastle Friday 03-10-14 (4 days later so the new trainer has only had 3 days to change anything and that assumes no recovery day) Race 5, runs 1:55.5 untouched (28.8, 29.9, 28.4, 28.3). I know it’s a different track (but the horses' earlier race at Newcastle (09/01/14) was driven out to run 2nd in 1:58.3), and don’t tell me it’s the ufo sulky or brand of feed and the previous trainer is not “a mug” trainer.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    The cynic in me has to ask because the stewards’ results notes say that they didn’t: Newcastle Race 5, I would have a "Query Improved Performance" on #6 Our Orville NZ. On Monday 29-09-14 races at Tamworth is under hard driving from the 500m, gets run down in a 32.4 last ¼ (Mile rate 2:01.1 – 30.1, 30.1, 29.9, 32.4). Change trainer races at Newcastle Friday 03-10-14 (4 days later so the new trainer has only had 3 days to change anything and that assumes no recovery day) Race 5, runs 1:55.5 untouched (28.8, 29.9, 28.4, 28.3). I know it’s a different track (but the horses' earlier race at Newcastle (09/01/14) was driven out to run 2nd in 1:58.3), and don’t tell me it’s the ufo sulky or brand of feed and the previous trainer is not “a mug” trainer.
    Might like a girl driver on perhap's !!!!!!
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    3 months,yes,3 weeks also maybe yes, but 3 days hmmmm..

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Off topic posts moved to Off Topic Threads...(What was that song).

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    The race results "stewards comments" now has QIP where it didn't previously... still waiting for the full report.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The horse is in again tonight at Newcastle

OUR ORVILLE NZ

Form: 8 4 4 2 1

LD Leader
    $1.20 Joined the Tritton stable last week and went like a jet in winning here on Friday. If he repeats that effort he will win again.

+ Reply to Thread