Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Why are people walking away from harness racing?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They are on my wavelength Tony. Add a celebrity compere and free to air coverage soley harness and we have a winner

Edit : One other small thing Tony - could they race it on grass , penny finally dropped on Caufield Cup coverage, that one of the reasons the gallops look so good is the grass track
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    7 winners there too short for me to back and i would say most average punters
    You're probably right Brian
    Looking at the Trifecta's and they were only $193, 21, 11, 26, 296, 73, 57, 118, 66, 497

Just catching up with Menangle last night - some excellent divvies there Brian and Albion Park's were not too bad, maybe it is a Vic problem as they were pretty short at Melton on Friday too
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-19-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Unfortunately Kevin i dont touch Qld harness at all. Basically since the Gold coast closed down, and also the Dixon dominance.Menangle has improved as the dominance of the one stable not so marked now but Newcastle is going down the same path.

aussiebreno
    Our Planet Princes two different horses at times. Won in exhilarating style at Newcastle today.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am guessing the QIP is why you have put it in this thread Brendan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There should have been a QDT for the $1.50 fav in Race 3 at Ballarat tonight
    Any time such a short fav surrenders the lead over a short trip at a track without a sprint lane it should happen so that even if it is acceptable - the public can read that in the stewards report (due diligence seen to be done)
    When you watch the replay you will be satisfied there was nothing fishy going on but just reading the results/stewards summary it looks strange
    (It is also probably pertinent that the fav should never have been those odds)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC08111406
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread