Quote Originally Posted by Sofoulis View Post
I have no interest in the horse (Our Orville) but did watch the replay of today's race and noted it hummed the gate and tried to lead... stuck in the breeze for the remainder of the race as #5 (horse: Norman Charles) wanted to hold the lead...

Went past #5 down the backstraight and ended up winning in a smart time once again.

Just for the record, the previous trainer (Dean Chapple) has said on FB that on Monday the horse was running "30 quarters all day" for him at Tamworth and in his reckoning, that approximates 29s quarters at Newcastle... adding that up... 1.56 mile rate... it then goes to the Tritton's stable, gets a few minor gear changes and a driver we all know adds a few lengths to them in front...... and backs it up the week later with a similar mile rate.......

Just for the record too: the #5 horse was also in Our Orville's race last week and was beaten 40 odd metres (it was admitedly 3 wide for a duration). Today it went forward and held out a $1.30 favourite, the very same horse that beat it last week and went hard the whole race...........

Maybe the tactics on that horse needs questioning because in my view it was not given every chance this week by holding out the $1.3 favourite........ (it finished last today beaten 35m... I guess the argument would be that it improved because it was 5 metres closer to the winner!?)
One minor problem, he hadn't been running 30 quarters all day. 32.4 last quarter Sept 29 and plenty more examples where that came from.