Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Be Good Johnny Sprint

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson

Be Good Johnny Sprint

How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major? I think there is quite a bit. He is a big strong going horse who has probably been in the shadow of Majestic Mark for a while. I think he might be looking a bit stronger at open level at the moment. Having said that they are both very nice horses for Grant Dixon to have in his stable.

I liked For A Reasons run first up since April. In the death, with a fast last half. He can only improve if he stays sound.
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 10-14-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I also like the big MMajor! Hope to see him keep progressing. Not bad run by FAR, but tell
    Me I'm wrong tgt he was te favourite in that race?

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major?
    Well, you won't have long to wait to find out. Barrier 13 this week will show what he is made of in a much stronger field.

Keeping in mind he had everything go his way last week even before the race started. If Lebron had started, he would never have led. Then ran the first half in a minute so was entitled to come home fast which made it difficult for other horses to make ground.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by thepacingman View Post
    Well, you won't have long to wait to find out. Barrier 13 this week will show what he is made of in a much stronger field.

Keeping in mind he had everything go his way last week even before the race started. If Lebron had started, he would never have led. Then ran the first half in a minute so was entitled to come home fast which made it difficult for other horses to make ground.
    Yep he has a hard task ahead on Saturday night for sure but I was looking further ahead, more like next seasons grand circuit races. He is only 5 years old, 38 starts. Avonnova 8 years old, 112 starts and For A Reason 8 years old, 41 starts (not many more than Majestic Major) have a lot more ring craft than Majestic Major has at the moment. Majestic Major is still to have his first group one race start.

I would have liked to have seen FAR traveling a bit closer to Majestic Major in the slower first half instead of trying to make ground when Majestic Major was running such a fast last half.

Junior Member Yearling Zanzi_Bromac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Devereux
    Horses
    Time Capsule, Kimmywho
    Abettorpunt was great first up, equalled Smoken ups mile rate record over 1609 at Ballarat with a 1:53.1. Apparently heading to NZ for the cup.

If he can land with cover early his sprint will have him winning this.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzi_Bromac View Post
    Abettorpunt was great first up, equalled Smoken ups mile rate record over 1609 at Ballarat with a 1:53.1. Apparently heading to NZ for the cup.

If he can land with cover early his sprint will have him winning this.
    That's a huge call Adam.....he is going great but he is also 80/1 in that race for a reason.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You mean 80/1 for NZ cup Brent?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Yep, thought that was how it read. It doesn't?? If not, my apologies.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    How much more improvement is there in the winner Majestic Major?
    Spot on Toni. I've really liked him for some time now. He went like a jet in good company in the 4&5yo races earlier in the year. He has decent gate speed, can breeze & also looks capable of taking advantage of a trail.
    I reckon Grant has another potential star Qld 5yo in Our Pacquiao. He doesn't have the skill set (yet) of MM but by gee is he strong. If the emergency comes out of this Sat nights race I reckon he's a great chance to fill 3rd or 4th at 50/1.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    That's a huge call Adam.....he is going great but he is also 80/1 in that race for a reason.
    A much more realistic 25/1 with TAB.

+ Reply to Thread