Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIC Monday meeting only R class

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VIC Monday meeting only R class

No HRV - just NO
    I now see why yesterday's Sunday meeting was C class
    I had planned to go to Maryborough but no way am I going all that way for a Restricted meeting

Monday's have traditionally always been THE day meeting of the week - leave them alone

ps The reason I was planning my first Maryborough trip for some time is the fact that there is not a single day meeting in the Western district for October (during Spring's beautiful weather) until the 27th
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-20-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    So the Owners, Trainers and drivers all work for half the money but the TAB, Sky , Bookmakers, fuel companies, employees of the track and HRV all get full pay and profits ! And they wonder why the industry is shrinking !
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    So the Owners, Trainers and drivers all work for half the money but the TAB, Sky , Bookmakers, fuel companies, employees of the track and HRV all get full pay and profits ! And they wonder why the industry is shrinking !
    Hardly like that. If you looked at yesterday in isolation you could say owners, trainers getting double the money so well done HRV.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hardly like that. If you looked at yesterday in isolation you could say owners, trainers getting double the money so well done HRV.
    Or dreadful HRV that it has taken you so long to pay properly on a Sunday which requires participants to give up the traditional family day.
    BUT don't do it at the expense of Mondays
    Although trainers have the choice as to whether they enter horses on Sunday, if Sunday was to replace Monday as a career class day many pro's would have little choice but to work on this family day - sure they could often take Monday off if it is a Restricted meeting but for family participants, their kids are at school
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Understand Kevin's point, lesser class horses at R meetings doesn't always make for good racing.

Still better than N.S.W., we lost all $3,000 R class races (not defending R races) and now we have some C class races worth $4,000. At least when there were R races you got two bites at the one class.

Funny how clubs that have very cold winters are made race at night in winter and race in the heat of the day during summer.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    R Class meetings don't always mean that you get R Class horses. Early in the season, there are no 2YO and minimal 3YO's so there needs to be an opportunity for the vast population (C0-C1's) to earn some money and or points. Under current conditions, there needs to be one of these meetings per week just to keep the points up of some of the runners.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    One thing i have noticed that the ro races trial form holds up pretty well.Saw this thread and had a look at the trials thread on insiderail and got 2 winners from 2 bets.

+ Reply to Thread