Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    . Unfortunately I found myself listening to the interview he did pre-race stating FAR had never really shown that much early speed and it definitely sounded like the peg position wasn't an option......great dummy Luke, I certainly fell for it.[/QUOTE]

And this that I read.....
    . Chris Barsby @BarsbyChris · Oct 22
    Qld harness form analyst @MickPolster doesn't subscribe to theory of For A Reason leading out then handing over to Avonnova in Gr.1 QPC

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au.../replays/16168
    I guess Ashlee didn't mind KerryAnn using the SL. $500 prize money difference to the owners, maybe they boxed the Tri.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au.../replays/16168
    I guess Ashlee didn't mind KerryAnn using the SL. $500 prize money difference to the owners, maybe they boxed the Tri.
    Ashlee got a bit of shock!...did you see how fast she spun her head to the left to see who it was!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    . Unfortunately I found myself listening to the interview he did pre-race stating FAR had never really shown that much early speed and it definitely sounded like the peg position wasn't an option......great dummy Luke, I certainly fell for it.

And this that I read.....
    . Chris Barsby @BarsbyChris · Oct 22
    Qld harness form analyst @MickPolster doesn't subscribe to theory of For A Reason leading out then handing over to Avonnova in Gr.1 QPC[/QUOTE]

When the fields came out on Tuesday, I said on Twitter that FAR had to be used off the gate to try and get to the pegs first. If he did,I thought he would win. if he didnt get there, I didnt think he could win

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Has there ever been a more scripted G1 in the history of Harness Racing ?

The only threat to the script was if Grant Dixon grew a pair during the week ... his cameo appearance was short lived, no surprise there.

Not only was the 1 (Todd) always handing up to 3 (Luke) but the 6 (John) wouldn't have worked forward from the wide gate unless he knew that the 1 was handing up to the 3 who in turn was handing up to the 5.

and there's a push for a Sprint Lane @ Menangle ?

Say it ain't so !!!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Worst racing in Australia - QLD, SA and VIC = Virtually all Sprint Lane.

Best racing in Australia - WA and NSW = limited Sprint Lane.

The argument for them is completely flawed. The Sprint Lane @ Bathurst should be removed immediately and any thought of one at Menangle should be knocked on the head.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I'm with you Bob, it will be the biggest mistake they ever make, no-one can bet with any certainty on a race............a retrograde disaster! They'll be putting a monkey on their back soon to ride them home!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    And I'm with everyone that doesn't want sprint lanes in NSW. Bad idea, much rather see a race for what it is or supposed to be. I hate seeing horses do a ton
    of work , only to be knocked off by a horse sitting pretty on the fence then using the sprint lane to win.
    I reckon the 7% is 7% to many sprint lanes wins.
    Sprint lanes were put in to try & increase TAB turnover & where has the TAB turnover gone..............due south!!!

The sprint lane should rise uphill at 30 degrees & see who wants to take it then.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    The sprint lane should rise uphill at 30 degrees & see who wants to take it then.
    Now that a good idea Trish!
    Should keep everyone happy, the best of both worlds.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Has there ever been a more scripted G1 in the history of Harness Racing ?
    Well of course there has......winner was 3/1......he would have been a lot shorter if it was so scripted.

+ Reply to Thread