Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    You could be going senile also!........you put it on the wrong thread! "LOL" -
    I reckon you could be right - second time I have done it this week!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Paul & Kev, you've knocked me for six with those winning barrier stats! I, like Kev would love to take a look at those figures Paul??
    Kev, it shouldn't take long for u to tell us what the average price was of those 10 winners from gates 6 & 7.......surely longer than the 2/1 in probability they have shown up at hey?
    Gday Brent. Will try find out where stats come from. I only know coz they have a question in the racebook every week. That was the question early in new season and answer took a few by surprise.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Brent. Will try find out where stats come from. I only know coz they have a question in the racebook every week. That was the question early in new season and answer took a few by surprise.
    Paul, I remember in the old days the racebook used to have a barrier stats table
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Yes, Bathurst R1, sprint lane gets the cash! great drive, straight up the inside........never spent a zac!

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Yes, Bathurst R1, sprint lane gets the cash! great drive, straight up the inside........never spent a zac!
    And if you backed it..Glory Days!!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    You have no choice but to throw them in when they are drawn there! I have not seen a race yet where the fence runners could not get a run!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    BATHURST - SPRINT LANE ON TRIAL! Summary of last nights races!

R1 - Horse 2F sprint lanes to beat leader. Without sprint lane, may not have won.
    R2 - Leader collapsed, 2F got off fence @ about 500M, just plodded for 3rd.
    R3 - Leader & 2F got beat nearly 30M.
    R4 - Leader won, 2F dropped out.
    R5 - Leader tiring before the turn, 2F off fence at 400M, went 4 wide in STR to win! DID not wait for sprint lane!
    R6 - Leader ran 2nd, 2F dropped out.
    R7 - Leader won, 2F 2nd, 1st half nearly 66secs, then sprinted last QTR, 2F used sprint lane but had every chance....sprint lane not required.
    R8 - Leader won, 2F every chance, ran 3rd beaten 7 metres, horse 1-2 dived to SL at turn to run 2nd!
    R9 - leader won, 2F every chance beaten 6 metres.

"My thought" on meeting....Sprint Lane definitely not required!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Don't have a problem with sprint lanes on a big track in fact I'd like to see a sprint lane at Menangle it would provide more maneuverability for horses coming from the back in the field but definitely a front runners nightmare. Sprint lanes at small tracks like Gloucester Park would just be too much of an advantage.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Don't have a problem with sprint lanes on a big track in fact I'd like to see a sprint lane at Menangle it would provide more maneuverability for horses coming from the back in the field but definitely a front runners nightmare. Sprint lanes at small tracks like Gloucester Park would just be too much of an advantage.
    Are you serious?.......if any track needs a SL it is Gloucester Park!.......the aim of the SL is for the fence runners to get a run instead of going to the line hard-held! At Menangle the straight is 350 metres long, and you can come 10 wide if you want to, what more manoeuvring room do you want??

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Are you serious?.......if any track needs a SL it is Gloucester Park!.......the aim of the SL is for the fence runners to get a run instead of going to the line hard-held! At Menangle the straight is 350 metres long, and you can come 10 wide if you want to, what more manoeuvring room do you want??
    Talking about maneuverability at Menangle watch I'm Victorious in 2013 Chariots blocked for a run all the way up the straight. Just because it's a 350 metre straight doesn't mean every horse gets a clear run. I think GP would have a higher proportion of winners coming from the sprint lane than any other track and many would say that's an unfair advantage.

+ Reply to Thread