Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    I didn't call it a "cheat lane" or imply that BUT if MF or any horse has to work around not up the inside it makes a difference to the outcome of any race. Not like BAF drifted of the fence and driver did not straighten her horse.
    Your comment is spot on.......up the inside is the shortest way home......the fence runners have already had the advantage of the shortest trip, then an inside run as well!....they should take their chance like the rest of the other runners! Most of the time they get it........if they don't, it is not the greatest tragedy of the century!

I have already given enough examples of why the sprint lane is not fair.........I have not heard one decent argument for them! Bathurst is on trial?? What does this mean?.....We are introducing it!.........Of course it does!...............It's just like "the recession we know we are probably going to have!" No matter how big the track is, the leader and fence runners have the advantage.....you've just increased the chances of these horses filling the placings! Draw a bad barrier, and you have just about done your acceptance fee, and punting money! There is no incentive for drivers to bust their guts from bad barriers, as they now have to beat 2 leaders!!!!

Just because ViC & QLD have decided to cop out with sprint lanes.......don't let us follow their pitiful lead!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Humourously (seriously) Tony, let us have some fun on the board - it was not like we were totally derailing the thread
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Humourously (seriously) Tony, let us have some fun on the board - it was not like we were totally derailing the thread

Your posts have been moved to another thread under the off topic strand. They make for a thread of their own and have duly been given one.
    I and others are finding it a little difficult to follow the serious stuff.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    There you go Kev, you have been sanctioned! I think you expected this!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Steve says, "No matter how big the track is, the leader and fence runners have the advantage.....you've just increased the chances of these horses filling the placings! Draw a bad barrier, and you have just about done your acceptance fee, and punting money!"

So whats new there Steve?
    Hasn't this been the way at the trots since day dot, regardless of sprint lanes?
    SL or no SL horses on the pegs of course will cover less ground, oh thats not fair!!!
    Im takin my bat and ball and goin home, boo hoo!
    Havent u read any of my posts in this discussion, seriously the way you are going on its as if 80% of races are won by the SL, and mate they r not...
    And as i have just watched the QPC, considering you look for ways to beat the fav in your punting quests as you mentioned here, u must have been on For A Reason to beat the Fav and he did it by the good old SL, YAY!!!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    So what's the point of having any other runners in the race............I did not say that, I said they already have to cover less ground.......so why add to their beautiful bludge run by giving them a sprint lane! If no sprint lane in QPC, Luke would of had to make a decision.....use his brain!........do I hold the lead and take my chance, or do I give up the lead and perhaps can't get out when I would like to? Stiff s..t for any other runners! The driver of Avonnova knew he had to get going because FAR showed last week it can sprint quick, and it did!

R8 Bendigo....leader & 2F, 2F did not need sprint lane...............1st & 2nd........You can't have your cake and eat it too..........racing is becoming farcical!

Wouldn't racing be fairer if when once in a while the leader gets a bit tired and holds up the fence runners, and the horses doing all the work out wide get the just rewards they deserve for a change...instead of being met with fresh runners up the inside, most of the time!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 10-26-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    So what's the point of having any other runners in the race............I did not say that, I said they already have to cover less ground.......so why add to their beautiful bludge run by giving them a sprint lane! If no sprint lane in QPC, Luke would of had to make a decision.....use his brain!........do I hold the lead and take my chance, or do I give up the lead and perhaps can't get out when I would like to? Stiff s..t for any other runners! The driver of Avonnova knew he had to get going because FAR showed last week it can sprint quick, and it did!

R8 Bendigo....leader & 2F, 2F did not need sprint lane...............1st & 2nd........You can't have your cake and eat it too..........racing is becoming farcical!

Wouldn't racing be fairer if when once in a while the leader gets a bit tired and holds up the fence runners, and the horses doing all the work out wide get the just rewards they deserve for a change...instead of being met with fresh runners up the inside, most of the time!
    Most of the time.
    Most of the time?????
    In my post, number 113 in this thread i quoted 12 races around Australia that were a sample of any given day/night.

Seems to me you haven't read it or taken any notice, so let me summarise
    12 races.
    6 races, the sprint lane had ZERO effect on the outcome of the race! ZERO.
    in 1 race, SL was used by FAV, but was not good enough to win, the horse 1/1 at $11 who covered MORE ground, Won!!!
    next race, SL used by FAV, but was not good enough to win. The driver of the leader OUTDROVE the SprintLane. The SL was "tamed" by a good driver, its possible Steve!!!
    next race, 3Pegs horse USL to get into 4th place, WOW, that rocked the betting...
    next race, SL used by 1/1 horse, but was not good enough to win!
    next race, SL used by 3Pegs $12 chance who COULD NOT catch the 2Pegs $52 chance!!!
    next race, FAV leads, $8.70 barrier 8 horse USL and WINS!!!

So in that all be it VERY small example of yes, ONLY 12 races,
    50% of the time the SL has zero effect,
    and 2 times FAVS used it but still didn't win, IMPORTANTLY, PUNTERS saw their horse get out and HAVE A CHANCE!!! Isn't that important?
    Once a driver outdrove the SL
    So 5 times out of 6 that the SL was used the dreaded "run from heaven" didn't get them enough advantage to win.
    1 Winner from 12, Steve, my personal opinion, your over reacting...
    And seems like you will not be happy unless ALLtrots races are held in a straight line, cos by hell if some horses are on the pegs while some are 2 and 3 and 4 wide, well thats just too unfair!

So all those "fresh runners up the inside, MOST OF THE TIME!" Mate they're not there as much as you think, relax.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But you would have to admit Ash - that the driving tactics of tonight's Gp 1 race totally evolved around the existence of a sprint lane. Like I said earlier - there will almost have to be a distinction of before and after sprint lanes in how we view the history of the sport
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    If as you say, they don't make any difference.....why have them?......so punters who back these runners feel they are getting a fair go? You don't seem to have any response for the runners that come wide (travelling extra distance....which you agree is the case in reality) regarding their chance of catching the leaders, and then a free run to a sprint lane runner......I know the answer........tough luck!

YOUR QUOTE: "IMPORTANTLY, PUNTERS saw their horse get out and HAVE A CHANCE!!! So what do you have to say about the other runners, providing a free benefit to a runner that has already had a bludge run??? Isn't that important?" Hard luck stories in races are plentiful, so you help one runner with the SL, what about the rest! Like any other runner you take your chance on getting a run!! It's really simple, keep racing as natural as it can be.........let circumstances sort themselves out!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Most of the time.
    Most of the time?????
    In my post, number 113 in this thread i quoted 12 races around Australia that were a sample of any given day/night.

Seems to me you haven't read it or taken any notice, so let me summarise
    12 races.
    6 races, the sprint lane had ZERO effect on the outcome of the race! ZERO.
    in 1 race, SL was used by FAV, but was not good enough to win, the horse 1/1 at $11 who covered MORE ground, Won!!!
    next race, SL used by FAV, but was not good enough to win. The driver of the leader OUTDROVE the SprintLane. The SL was "tamed" by a good driver, its possible Steve!!!
    next race, 3Pegs horse USL to get into 4th place, WOW, that rocked the betting...
    next race, SL used by 1/1 horse, but was not good enough to win!
    next race, SL used by 3Pegs $12 chance who COULD NOT catch the 2Pegs $52 chance!!!
    next race, FAV leads, $8.70 barrier 8 horse USL and WINS!!!

So in that all be it VERY small example of yes, ONLY 12 races,
    50% of the time the SL has zero effect,
    and 2 times FAVS used it but still didn't win, IMPORTANTLY, PUNTERS saw their horse get out and HAVE A CHANCE!!! Isn't that important?
    Once a driver outdrove the SL
    So 5 times out of 6 that the SL was used the dreaded "run from heaven" didn't get them enough advantage to win.
    1 Winner from 12, Steve, my personal opinion, your over reacting...
    And seems like you will not be happy unless ALLtrots races are held in a straight line, cos by hell if some horses are on the pegs while some are 2 and 3 and 4 wide, well thats just too unfair!

So all those "fresh runners up the inside, MOST OF THE TIME!" Mate they're not there as much as you think, relax.
    Your sample (and mine) are way too small at this stage Ash
    I could take the 10 races from Bendigo tonight and tell you that trainers who's names begin with C or D win 70% of the races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread